General Electric Core Imaging & Resins Americas Demand Planning Leader in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Lead the Americas Demand Planning Life Sciences Core Imaging and Resins team to define the overall strategy to deliver product to our commercial regions. Work strategically with the site operations and regional commercial leaders to drive systematic and physical process change in the way we manage the demand planning life cycles to understand region fluctuations, market needs and the right volume is available to meet customer demands.
• Lead a regional team of Demand Planners to consolidate and understand sales and marketing data in order to produce a picture of sales, delivery and capacity requirements.
• Interact with other functions – in particular Sales, Product Managers, Finance, Supply, Manufacturing, RA, QA, Customer Service and Distribution– in order to anticipate future risks and opportunities on sales and supply. Take responsibility for identifying, communicating and coordinating solutions to the identified risks/opportunities. Develop and drive standard operating mechanisms to ensure alignment between supply and demand including the ownership of the Americas Sales and Operation Planning, Identify and lead actions to deliver the S&OP vision through the established framework.
• Ensure one strong demand signal is entered in our forecasting tool (Demantra & APO)
• Representing the team in reviews with Senior stakeholder groups,
KPI target settings linked to the S&OP processes with P&L, Regions and Sites. Drive and establish processes to ensure clear communication around supply & demand including a fair allocation (vs forecast) of supply when constrained.
• Establishing and maintain a teamwork environment and one “GE Healthcare Life Sciences “ mindset.
• Manage team, including but not limited to, conducting performance appraisals, setting goals & objectives and motivating team members.
• Exhibit outstanding leadership and effectively communicate well with all levels of the commercial and supply chain organization including senior leadership.
• Serve as a strong business partner for the Commercial /Product Management teams as well as the Voice of Customer for Supply Chain.
• Develop the process of creating forecasts and replenishment plans – help ensure clear supply planning processes in place for all key plants.
• Develop relationships with US Wholesalers to understand needs, demand, consumption, replenishment needs and stock level.
• Sales and Operations Planning (SPP): Lead the Americas SPP/Demand Review for CI segments and bring together senior business leaders to sign off on the agreed manufacturing plan. Support execution of central programs and strategic decisions through SPP.
• Support the regular cycles through SPP, GPB, QMI and SII.
• Support New Product Introduction (NPI): co-lead the detailed planning efforts in the stages pre and post commercialization of a new product.
• Performance Measurement: monitor forecast accuracy within CM and Chromatography Resins.
• Monitor and optimise inventory turns with primary focus on stock in distribution centres.
• Sales Variant and Life Cycle Management: Manage new product introduction and discontinuation. Advocate commercial needs in change alert process (CAP).
• Planning systems: Maintain and develop forecasting parameters, master data and models which provide transparent and consistent data to enable rapid decision making within APO and Demantra.
• Undertake a leadership role in establishing planning processes and technical systems for emerging markets (e.g. LATAM).
• Work with the global logistics team to deliver operational synergies and maximise service to our customers in the Europe region.
• Deliver improved integration of planning procedures across LS CI & Resins – most especially those which link formal financial & S&OP processes.
Quality Specific Goals:
1.Knowledge and understanding of acceptance activity requirements for incoming, in-process, and final inspection requirements (as associated with job type/position) to ensure that a device conforms to it’s specification and out of specification items are properly handled
2.Knowledge and understanding of Stop Orders, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, documentation configuration control practices; documentation & disposition of non-conforming material, and Good Documentation Practices requirements, as associated with this job type/position
3.Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
4.Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines5.Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution and/or supply chain experience or equivalent knowledge
• Previous experience working with Sales and Operation Planning
• Demonstrated influencing skills and experience driving horizontal cooperation and communication in a global matrix environment
• Demonstrated process analytical skills/ number savvy including proficiency in using Excel and PowerPoint . Affinity to systems and use of computers/software.
• Proven ability to drive change with Global and Cross-functional teams
• Ability to successfully motivate and maintain employee involvement while driving Change
• MBA or Master Degree
• APICS certification
• Experience deploying globally impactful supply/demand KPI’s, including forecast accuracy, statistical planning methodologies, inventory turns, and On Time Delivery Metrics. Demantra & APO (preferred) or other ERP/Planning system experience
• SCM / Planning education and work experience
• Working knowledge of planning processes and systems (SAP R/3, APO or other advanced
• planning systems)
• Experience from international pharmaceutical industry
• Green Belt / Black Belt certification
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more
than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60
years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping
accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with
cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present
and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Sciences at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
Sciences at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.