Cardinal Health Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products in Mansfield, Massachusetts
Global Procurement is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. The Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products develops and executes strategic plans by clearly understanding the spend and stakeholder landscape, leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through end-to-end category management bringing the best available value through assurance of supply, quality, service levels, innovation and cost, achieved through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation. The core competences for this impactful role are:
- Develops deep industry insights leveraging outside-in supply market intelligence and industry insights
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements
- Deep stakeholder engagement to influencing business decisions relevant to the category strategy
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills to drive continuous progress against the strategic category plans
- Sets aggressive continuous improvement goals for assigned categories and explores a broad set of value levers to deliver on targets
- Functions as Subject Matter Expert for assigned categories
- Responsible for the procurement of medical packaging primary and secondary rigid packaging raw materials used at Cardinal Health’s 32 global manufacturing facilities.
- Development and execution of global primary and secondary rigid packaging supply strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives
- Proactive leadership and management with cross-functional partners to effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts, and manage supplier performance and relationships. Understand primary and secondary rigid packaging supplier portfolio risk profile and develop mitigation action and plans.
- Collaborate with and influence business partners in a highly matrixed environment to optimize key supplier performance and innovation.
- Influence business decisions to enter/exit product lines, drive make/buy decisions and implement supply in optimizations.
- Facilitates Supplier Relationship Management through development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators for the category; establishes collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Drives annual cost savings through effective strategies and negotiations. Cost savings should meet each year’s business financial needs.
- Global expertise in category including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
- BA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field
- 7-10 years manufacturing/raw materials procurement experience
- Medical Packaging procurement experience
- Strong project and process management to execute primary and secondary rigid packaging supply strategy with cross functional teams.
- Expertise with contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with category strategy.
- Familiarity with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes to support supplier selection and performance management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and an understanding of concepts, principles and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics or model
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions that may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Received guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs