Cardinal Health Manager, Flexible Plastics Strategic Souring (Bags, Covers, Other) in Mansfield, Massachusetts
Global Procurement is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Reporting to the Director of Flexible Plastics, the Manager, Strategic Sourcing Flexible Plastics leads the development and execution of the strategic plans by clearly understanding the spend and stakeholder landscape, leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through end-to-end category management bringing the best available value through assurance of supply, quality, service levels, innovation and cost, achieved through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation. The core competences for this impactful role are:
- Develops deep industry insights leveraging outside-in supply market intelligence and industry insights
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements
- Deep stakeholder engagement to influencing business decisions relevant to the category strategy
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills to drive continuous progress against the strategic category plans
- Sets aggressive continuous improvement goals for assigned categories and explores a broad set of value levers to deliver on targets
- Functions as Subject Matter Expert for assigned categories
- Manage a portfolio of flexible plastic-based products utilized in support of the medical segment businesses, which include finished goods commercialized under a vendor brand or the Cardinal Health brand and/or as components for downstream manufacturing and kitting. Products include bags and covers for: patient belonging, specimen collection, urology, waste management, transport, sterilization pouch covers, blood pressure cuffs or bladders, dust covers, etc.
- Leads the development of category strategies for assigned Flexible Plastics categories. Accountable for $75M of global spend for the Medical Segment. Execution of global supply strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives.
- Creates collaborative business plans with strategic suppliers, develops negotiation strategies, and directs the execution of strategic programs.
- Ensures all goods and services meet established standards and legal requirements. Addresses functional and commercial teams’ concerns/issues, requests, and questions and resolves within legal/tax and corporate guidelines.
- Plans, develops, and implements complex business strategies through the establishment of short/long-range objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for each spend category.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to champion enterprise wide cross-functional sourcing initiatives. Understands category specific details and Med Segment operational principles and produces analytics that contributes to the formation of budgets and effective P&L management by the business units supported. As appropriate, ensures close collaborations with Procurement Operations and related functions in the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
- Directs and executes budgetary cost reduction programs and initiatives that facilitate business owners achieving their business unit goals and financial targets. Assures the appropriate use of capital and financial resources. Generates analytics to support these positions.
- Directly manages complex negotiations with key suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and that have a direct correlation with Corporate operational needs and/or goals. Decision maker and subject matter expert for risk management allowances, terms/conditions, pricing; and collaborative partner for matters of product engineering, supply chain, quality & regulatory, transportation, and global trade.
- Manages the development of and adherence to policies/procedures to ensure goods and services are available to business units and collaborates closely with quality/regulatory and supply chain to ensure working practices are implemented that ensure sufficient inventory levels and/or supply chain availability to support all events to avoid negative budgetary/P&L impacts.
- Conducts industry specific research, benchmarking, financial and business analytics for long range pricing and buy rationalizations.
- Proactive leadership and management with cross-functional partners to effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts and manage supplier performance and relationships.
- Understand the Bags, Handle Covers and other Flexible Plastics supplier portfolio risk profile and develop mitigation actions and plans.
- Collaborate with and influence business partners in a highly matrixed environment to optimize key supplier performance and innovation. Influence business decisions to enter/exit product lines, drive make/buy decisions and implement supply in optimizations.
- Facilitates Supplier Relationship Management through development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators for the category; establishes collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Drives annual cost savings through effective strategies and negotiations. Cost savings should meet each year’s business financial needs.
- Global expertise in category including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related job experience preferred
- At least 7-10 years of experience in developing targets, developing global strategic sourcing strategies and delivering breakthrough levels of performance improvement across a portfolio of assigned categories for an FDA-regulated medical device manufacturer or a healthcare company with annual sales in excess of $5 billion.
- At least 7-10 years of experience applying procurement practices/strategies focused on meeting the business challenges, P&L needs, and the needs of the organization with a minimum of 4 years of experience developing and implementing requirements/change management methodologies to execute strategic sourcing activities.
- At least 7 years of experience developing and implementing requirements to execute and enhance day to day sourcing activities. Must have budgetary management experience and/or P&L management experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the strategic sourcing procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices and methods and can demonstrate how this knowledge has been applied to optimize category profitability and supplier performance.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings.
- Experience with Flexible Plastics sourcing for Bags, Handle Covers and other categories.
- Strong project and process management to execute supply strategy for assigned categories with cross functional teams.
- Expertise with contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with category strategy.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word, and familiarity with Tableau.
- Experience of leading global cross-functional teams within a large matrix organization.
- Familiarity with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain processes to support supplier selection and performance management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape
- Willing to travel at least 25% for business purposes (domestically and internationally).
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and an understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics or model
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions that may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Received guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs