General Electric Sr Technical Product Manager in Lynn, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary
Leverages deep manufacturing domain expertise and partners with Product Manager and Engineering teams. Responsible for operating in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for products in your team's portfolio. Works with customers/stakeholders to prioritize needs. Influences key stakeholders in design and planning decisions. Uses Agile vertical story slicing to deliver a clear and descriptive set of requirements that are then transformed into functional specifications/user stories to enable the delivery of solid features and functionality. Coordinates work of several parallel teams to deliver on higher level outcomes. Responsible for transparent delivery and maximizing returns. Focuses on execution for the duration of a product release. Works with other TPMs to drive a consistent user experience at all levels from the backend services through the UI for the entire Proficy portfolio and mostly for Proficy Plant Applications, both on the cloud and on premises.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Demonstrates excelling business acumen, knows latest manufacturing industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on Proficy Plant Applications as well as the associated competitive landscape.
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products.
• Demonstrates the ability to see the big picture and how the features they are working on impact other features and apps that are outside of their direct responsibility.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product.
• Routinely collaborates with UX in design decisions often providing the first rough cut of new UIs. Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
• Owns the releases and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and all releases.
• Owns and manages their backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritizes continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Demonstrates strategic level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units using an Agile vertical story slicing methodology.
• Partners with Development Leadership/Service Owners to ensure healthy development process.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Expert in Agile Methodology.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in with minimum years of experience 6 years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
*As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- General Electric Jobs