General Electric Communications Intern in Lynn, Massachusetts
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In GE, the communications function is a strategic business partner that enables us to compete and win in a broad range of global industries. The Communications Internship is a project-based experience designed to offer hands-on exposure to GE’s corporate communications function.
The internship is designed to give current undergraduate students exposure to GE strategic initiatives and the role communicators play in achieving business objectives.
This will be summer internship (10-12 weeks) with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
The assignment is focused in specific communication areas that could include (but are not limited to) public relations, digital communications, public affairs, organizational/employee communications, marketing communications, executive communications and event planning.
• Drive brand awareness and engagement among investors, customers, employees and external stakeholders
• Help develop and executive communication strategies for company-wide culture initiatives
• Develop creative content (emails, videos, blog posts, articles, etc.) for internal platforms
• Provide support for internal events and executive communications
- Pursuing a minimum of a four-year degree in (communications related course work a plus) in one of the following or related fields: English, Journalism, Media Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing Communications.
Experience through an internship or other communications work experience
Passion for Communications
Strong functional communication skills, particularly writing
Computer skills: PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel (experience with publishing platforms and design software a plus)
GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
Unrestricted authorization to work in the US
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Boston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.