Kronos Technical Writer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
This position requires a writer to create original and update existing documentation describing components within the Kronos workforce management product suite. The position requires broad experience and demonstrated ability to create technically accurate, complete, and well-organized information for an international audience. Domain knowledge is desirable, but not required.
• Assess documentation requirements based on information received from software engineers and prepare documentation plans and project schedules
• Create and revise conceptual, task, and reference information to support new features in the product suite
• Maintain documents to support changes in existing features
• Prepare release notes
• Coordinate review and approvals of all documents
• Work with software engineers, quality assurance engineers, and product managers, to understand new and changed features
• Use interim software releases to gain experience with products and verify documentation
• BA or BS in Technical Communications, Computer Science, or a related field
• 5 to 10 years of technical writing experience producing context sensitive online help and documentation in a software development company
• Ability to work with source control and software defect tracking systems
• Ability to work independently on small projects and work collaboratively on large projects
• Proficiency in a structured authoring environment is desirable, but not required; Experience with the Madcap Flare authoring environment a plus
• Familiarity with XML programming environments is desirable, but not required
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Kronos Jobs