Canyon Ranch SpaClub Travel Industry Sales Manager in Lenox, Massachusetts
Canyon Ranch is true health and wellness. We broke ground in Tucson and the category in 1979, and have been leading the way ever since. Expanding our role and our reach.
We are more than just a day at the spa or a one-week vacation. We are the promise of an enhanced life. At Canyon Ranch, our guests expect a transformation of state. But what they experience is a transformation of self. Becoming stronger. Healthier. In tune. Empowered. Truly well. Can you see yourself as part of this.
As a Colleague at Canyon Ranch we will inspire you, challenge you and help you evolve. Isn’t that how all successful careers start? Please introduce yourself to us and allow us to get to know you. Our philosophy includes a safe and healthy environment through maintaining a drug free workplace and smoke free.
We have the perfect job for you as a Travel Industry Sales Manager in our Lenox, MA location.
*Scope: *The Travel Industry Sales Manager is responsible for the development and growth of the travel agent market. Handles direct sales including consortia, non-consortia travel agents, and tour operators. Travel Industry Sales Manager will work closely with Group Sales to grow revenue for Canyon Ranch Lenox from the travel agency market.
* Business Plans:* Designs and implements business plans and sales strategies that ensure the growth of sales from the travel agent market.
- Prepares and executes action plans for Travel Industry Sales Market to ensure effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate identified key markets.
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing plans.
Travel: Travels regularly into assigned market making direct sales calls and conducting presentations. Speaks publically at events when warranted. Conducts Webinars to reach home-based agents.
Business Generation: Responsible for growth and development of Travel Agency business and generating revenue into Canyon Ranch Lenox. Effectively develops and manages relationships with travel agencies.
- Meets or exceeds all activity standards for proposing calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and production.
- Provides timely feedback to the Director of Sales regarding ongoing sales efforts.
- Keeps accurate records of all sales activities and works closely with group sales and reservations on travel agency needs.
Experience: 2-5 years of experience selling to the luxury travel agency market for a hotel, resort or destination spa.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with luxury travel entities such as Virtuoso, Signature, and American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Ability to travel and work with on property partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Proficient with booking software such as Delphi
- Proficient using Social Media tools for sales
Certification/License: Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (if will ever transport guests) or acceptable driving record if will never transport guests.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required_ -OR-Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position._
About Canyon Ranch
Benefits matter. We believe the experiences that motivate our guests to transform themselves are equally important to everyone who works here. As a colleague at Canyon Ranch you may have:
- Access to dozens of fitness, movement classes and lectures every day
- Use of the gym and everything that goes with it
- You may buy wearable fitness technology and other products that motivate at our cost through convenient payroll deductions
- Reduced tuition to the Life Enhancement Program in Tucson for colleagues and their family members at up to a 90% discount
- Medical plan with generous plan coverage at affordable contribution levels
- Dental plans that fit your needs and cover services most colleagues can really use
- Pharmacy coverage for prescriptions that includes no-copay for certain medications
- Well Credit program which allows colleagues to earn significant discounts on their contribution amount as a reward for living a healthy lifestyle
- Vision plans for colleagues and their dependents who wear corrective lenses
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short term and long term disability plans
- Ability to purchase additional life insurance for colleagues and their dependents beyond what Canyon Ranch already provides
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for colleagues and family members
- Vacation -Sick-Holiday
- Lifeline Loans
Location: Lenox, MA Resort
Internal status: FT
Anticipated hrs/week: 40