iHeartMedia News Reporter/Board Operator in Hyannis, Massachusetts
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Prepares and broadcasts news coverage and/or provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
Responsibilities for News Reporter
• Gathers and verifies factual information through interviews, observation and research.
• Monitors sources for breaking news, e.g., wires and social media.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content from producers and field reporters for newscasts.
• Identifies technical equipment and resource requirements for recording interviews and other audio material.
• May produce features and interviews as assigned.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
Qualifications for News Reporter
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
Work Experience for News Reporter
• Experience in on-air journalism in smaller market or college station
Education for News Reporter
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications, or equivalent experience
Responsibilities for Board Operator
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
Qualifications for Board Operator
Competencies/Skills for Board Operator
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
Work Experience for Board Operator
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
Education for Board Operator
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
Hyannis, MA: 154 Barnstable Road, 02601
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx