A.W. Chesterton Company Global Product Manager - Mechanical Seals in Groveland, Massachusetts
Who We Need:
You have some product knowledge of Mechanical Seals, Pumps, Turbines & Rotating Equipment.
You are chalk full of industry knowledge on Power, Water Power, Chemical, etc.!
You are looking for exposure to Sales & Marketing as your next career move!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Plans, organizes and supports the development and implementation of global marketing and sales strategies for specific industry or product segments. This includes supporting and executing both industry and product strategic marketing plans, supporting products and programs development to accelerate profitable product sales growth. Focus is to achieve market share optimization and profitable industry or product segment sales growth. Works to ensure programs are aligned with key company strategies and objectives.
• Assist and support corporate-wide effort to grow sales of all applicable Chesterton products in targeted industry segment(s) or for specific assigned product (s) segments nationwide or globally (if required)
• Supports the implementations and execution of product specific strategy and marketing/sales plans to achieve sales growth and margin objectives.
• Conducts market research and field visits to determine customer dynamics, drivers, current and future customer needs, opportunities, and to recognize specific geographical considerations for both products and programs.
• Leads competitor, product and market-specific competitive intelligence gathering and evaluation activity.
• Supports future product and program development activities by evaluating customer needs and assembling business plans.
• Execute marketing initiatives in conjunction with sales management.
• Leads program implementation with matrix support groups including sales management, technical and marketing support, and divisional disciplines to achieve growth objectives.
• Proactively identifies and overcomes business issues by working collaboratively with key operational and sales functions.
• Manages day-to-day industry or assigned product initiative activities.
• Determines and supports specific customer relations programs including industry conventions, annual meetings, and trade associations.
· Designs and delivers training programs for assigned product line (s) in accordance with ISD and ALP best practices
· Designs and delivers industry specific training programs
· Designs and delivers online, web casts, e-newsletters, web conferencing training in cooperation with E-learning Coordinator
Complexity of Duties
• Ability to work under limited supervision and matrixed resources, as an independent contributor, or within a team.
• Full use and application of classical marketing theories, concepts and techniques.
• High level of strategic and tactical abilities in marketing.
• Capability to work with and influence various disciplines, both internal and external.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Matrix management necessary.
• Delivers a frequent and effective level of communication with management, customers and field sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proven sales experience and knowledge of sales strategies.
• Proven knowledge of industrial marketing and strategy development.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentational skills.
• Proven ability to implement competitive intelligence methodologies to anticipate and understand market needs and act within the organization to respond.
• Strong industry and/or related products background.
• Ability to provide strong leadership and focus to global matrix support groups.
• Ability to influence all levels within the organizations we approach.
• Capability to interact effectively with all levels within the organizations we approach.
• Ability to teach, lead and mentor associates and reports what they must know in order to fully accomplish objectives and desired results.
• Strong overall business acumen.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional team to achieve product line objectives.
Education and/or Experience
• MBA or equivalent in the areas of marketing, Engineering or Business Administration.
• 6+ years industry experience related to area of assigned responsibility.
• Strong knowledge of industrial marketing, industrial sales, strategic planning, retail sales force and distributor channel, coupled with a proven, professional approach.
• Strong technical knowledge of Chesterton products or similar products preferred.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution required.
• Certification in instructional systems design, adult learning principles from a recognized organization
Other Skill and Abilities
• Results oriented.
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to travel an average of 50%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. May be subjected to high heat or noise levels when visiting customer sites. Must have the ability to drive an automobile and travel by airline.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Shift: 1st Shift
External Company URL: www.chesterton.com
Street: 860 Salem Street