Thermo Fisher Scientific Senior Director Marketing and Strategy in Franklin, Massachusetts
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This is a senior level leadership role with responsibility for leading global strategy and marketing for the Chemical Analysis Division within Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Senior Director will attract, develop and lead a global team of 20 individuals with financial commitments of >$850M.
What will you do?
Strategy Development and Strategic Business Review (SBR):
• Develop and implement a comprehensive product strategy, in collaboration with the overall business leadership team, to drive greater customer value, competitive differentiation, and ensure that CAD builds upon its position as the leader in empowering our customers with analytics to make decisions real time
• Develop and execute near term (1-2 years) and long-term (3-5 years) business strategy, working with customers to understand market trends and drive above market performance
• Create standard work and management dashboards to quickly and effectively monitor, support and communicate operational and strategic performance of the business, embracing our culture of continuous improvement through our PPI (Practical Process Improvement)
• Lead and inspire a team to focus on licensing opportunities, strategic partnerships as well as acquisition opportunities to expand the value we provide customers • Lead and close private label, licensing and partnership deals to achieve >$10M in annual revenue with growth of 7% annually
Marketing and Product Management:
• Lead and support a team of marketing experts in developing and implementing campaigns to drive pipeline growth of >14% and revenue of 7% annually
• Identify new markets and business opportunities globally. Develop successful marketing programs through digital, eBusiness and customer seminars to drive growth
• Motivate the development, refresh and effective utilization of customer-facing marketing and commercial program materials including concepts, tool kits, collateral, and communication plans
• Implement standards and training for product life cycle management
How will you get here?
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business, or related field
• MBA or other graduate degree preferred
• Prior hands-on Marketing Leadership experience in both mature and emerging markets
• Familiarity with strategy deployment tools and utilizing PPI, Lean, 6-sigma, or similar tools to drive operational and business improvements preferred
• Experience of closing licensing, partnership and private label agreements
• Broad functional experience in any of the following areas: strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, digital marketing, market research and planning or promotions/advertising
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• An eye for talent; ability to assess, attract, develop and retain talent
• Excellent strategy, planning and execution skills with proven ability to drive results
• Effective communicator who can influence through a straight-forward style of communication
• Exceptional commercial and business acumen; an ability to recognize growth opportunities and capitalize on them
• High energy level with ability to embrace and model the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
This role will ideally be based in Franklin, MA. Relocation has been approved.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs