Staples Sr. Director Project and Process Management in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within the Staples Private Brands Team. Our leading brands, along with our high-performing Staples business will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. We are passionate about building the right solutions that enable our customers to work from anywhere most effectively. Our merchandising team aims to deliver the best value and selection to our customers through products, services and solutions all centered around our customers’ needs. We are driven by customer insights and analytics to bring products and solutions to market seamlessly. We’re inclusive, well-rounded professionals who have deep experience in buying, selling, negotiating, operations, design, innovation, finance and more.
The Senior Director of Project and Process Management leads a team of experts over the discipline of developing and launching products that our customers will love. Making the impossible possible comes second nature to this leader. Through their outstanding organization and collaboration skills, they bring in the right stakeholders, layout the path, and hold everyone accountable, all while showing off their executive communication prowess. This individual sets the strategy and goals, owns the process, and provides coaching, training, and oversight to ensure products and programs are launched on time, at our cost targets, and with exceptional quality and performance. The person in this role also serves as the executive leader for the active product development pipeline and communicates effectively across the Staples family of business units.
What you’ll be doing:
· Own the process that is followed by the private brands team to develop new products, resource existing products, implement packaging, branding and specification changes, and to launch hero items into the North American markets.
· Responsible for driving end-to-end process, from concept to launch, influencing teams across private brands (Brand, Marketing, Category, Operations) to ensure timelines are met and that teams are accountable to their role in the process.
· Lead a team of approximately 8 associates and effectively partner and coordinate product development and launch efforts across a multi-national team.
· Actively develop strong relationships with key leaders within the Merchandising, Marketing and Inventory organizations to aid in the removal of obstacles that inhibit successful development and launch of products and programs. Serve as the internal process expert and use this expertise to assist Category Development in presenting new product concepts to the Merchant teams across the Staples family of business units.
· Manage the capacity within the development pipeline and facilitate effective prioritization of new programs into the pipeline across a number of stakeholders.
· Hold monthly executive pipeline meetings and be a key contributor to monthly business reviews.
· Coordinate with the PLM administration team in China to build and refine the processes that are within our software platforms and to develop necessary reporting out of those platforms
· Provide coaching to direct reports that aid their development of their team members.
· Model the way as a leader to train and inspire individual contributors to advance their career into roles that involve greater levels of responsibility and impact to the business.
· Oversee hiring decisions, Associate Success Plans, and strengthening of associate engagement
· Conduct performance reviews for direct reports and provide performance guidance to direct reports for associates they manage. Also recommend merit increases and promotions for the entire team that you lead.
· Serve on the Private Brands leadership team and provide leadership that will drive future strategy for the functions in the coming 3 - 5 years. Also provide leadership related to needed short term adjustments to the current strategies for the functions.
· Support the innovation function within the private brands team with process support and project execution guidance
· A s requested, participate on strategic innovation initiatives that are led by the Design and Innovation team.
What you bring to the table :
· Deep knowledge in the product development, manufacturing, and product marketing disciplines
· Experience developing new products and launching new products into the market
· Strong understanding of process development and process management, preferably with a six-sigma background
· Experience working at a CPG product organization or a retail private brand organization
· Experience working with Product Lifecycle Management programs and project workflow programs
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications :
· 10+ years of relevant experience in product development and/or project management
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications :
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
We Offer :
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits (https://careers.staples.com/Staples-Life/Benefits)
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Staples Jobs