Staples Product Specialist in Framingham, Massachusetts
Our Staples Merchandising team is the heart of the company – a team of passionate, committed, and growth-oriented individuals who are dedicated to giving our customers the products and services they need to work better. Staples merchants work with designers, product developers, and our strategic vendors to uncover opportunities in the market, and then design assortments and friction-free experiences to capture that opportunity for our customers.
This is an exciting time to join Staples as we are leading the greatest assortment transformation in our history – an exciting and fun initiative that promises to change the way our customers think of us. It is the merchandising career opportunity of a lifetime!
This role is to support the Staples Dotcom Merchandising organization in managing product lines for sales, margin and supply chain. This involves market research, ad hoc financial planning and analysis, promo planning and execution, print vehicle merchandising and SKU set-up/maintenance. Includes communications with vendors for images, content, and cost information.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate would possess a desire to learn new ideas/concepts on a daily basis, want to learn analytics and how to use them to influence business decisions, have an ability to work independently as well as cross functionally with many teams both internally and externally, and perform in a fast-paced environment with strict attention to detail.
• Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
• Communicate new information to Planners and Inventory Analysts through database maintenance, enter art and copy into advertising database
• Maintain all relevant delivery flags on-line and AS400 (e.g. order type, part type)
• With direction from the Senior Category Manager, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist with item selection
• Maintain add and drop lists to maximize in-stock of new products and prompt disposition of discontinued product
• Ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
• Collect and organize product information from vendors
• Obtain vendor product samples for category managers, coordinate samples for photo shoots as needed
• Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Vendors, Supply Chain and Inventory to create promotional marketing material such as online banners and emails
• Proof all online and print vehicles including SKU, copy, and image
• Review competitors store and online experiences for new product ideas, notable presentations and pricing discrepancies
• Plan promotions together with the Senior Category Manager, enter them into the promotional database, and execute all promotions flawlessly
• Maintain promo and ad databases/spreadsheets with all information/changes for pricing, images, bid amounts, product copy etc.
• Process RTVs, price changes, and price protections
• Execute and communicate product disposition process
• Bachelor's degree
• Merchandising experience
• Dotcom or Site Merchandising experience
• Aggressive and proactive attitude to solve problems and win at all levels
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment
• Ability to work independently
• Able to multi-task priorities
• Financial / Analytical experience
Staples Inc. is a market-leading provider of products and services for the workplace enabling better work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print and marketing services. We support businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to the Fortune 100 and everything in between providing exceptional quality and value across multiple channels, including direct sales, ecommerce, mobile, and retail.
Staples is a private company backed by Sycamore Partners composed of 3 standalone companies totaling $17B in revenue including: Staples North American Delivery, Staples Retail, and Staples Canada.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.