Staples Product Specialist in Framingham, Massachusetts
Description Position Summary:
This role is to support the Staples Advantage Merchandising organization in managing product line or group of product lines for sales, margin and supply chain. This involves research, ad hoc financial planning and analysis, promo planning, print vehicle merchandising, on-line merchandising, SKU set-up/maintenance. Includes communications with vendors for art, copy, cost information plus communications with the call centers including responding to merchandising database issues and price match requests.
• Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
• Communicate new information and forecasts to supply chain (“New for” process) through database maintenance, enter art and copy into advertising database
• Maintain all relevant delivery flags on-line and AS400 (e.g. order type, part type)
• With direction from the Category manager and Director, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist with item selection
• Maintain add and drop lists to maximize in-stock of new products and prompt disposition of discontinued product
• Ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
• Collect and organize product information from vendors
• Obtain vendor product samples for category managers, coordinate samples for photo shoots
• Retrieve and source ad hoc financial data and reports
• Review vendor sales and class/department sales for catalog planning and category and line reviews
• Prepare and proof all catalog and print vehicles including sku, copy, and image
• Review competitor and allied catalogs and websites for new product ideas, notable presentations and pricing discrepancies
• Create and maintain on-line presentation including customer focused hierarchies – maximize browse results by creating favorable sort results (e.g. low to high, Staples brand first etc.)
• Execute category strategy on-line in regards to bullet clarity and consistency, select appropriate upsells, cross sells and related items
• Maintain on-line tools like feature finders and match tools (e.g. ink toner, and ribbons)
• Improve search results of key products through uses of boost and key words
• Conduct communications with field sales reps relating to product inquires, price match requests, and catalog or web errors
• Maintain standards of service to the merchandising issues database, support ad hoc
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
• Demonstrated organizational skills along with solid analytical skills; Financial Analytics experience is a plus
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Intermediate level systems experience with databases and spreadsheets
Staples Inc. is a market-leading provider of products and services for the workplace enabling better work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print and marketing services. We support businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to the Fortune 100 and everything in between providing exceptional quality and value across multiple channels, including direct sales, ecommerce, mobile, and retail.
Staples is a private company backed by Sycamore Partners composed of 3 standalone companies totaling $17B in revenue including: Staples North American Delivery, Staples Retail, and Staples Canada.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.