Staples Marketing Research - Project Manager in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Marketing Research Project Manager is a research position within the Global Customer Insights function. Reporting to Manager/Senior Manager within Customer Insights at Staples, the Marketing Research Manager works with internal clients in planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative research to help support the marketing, merchandising and sales teams with their business decisions. This includes day-to-day responsibility for ongoing research initiatives, including vendor management and reporting and sharing of insights.
This role also serves as a general resource for the Customer Insights team, assisting with Staples research needs across business units, geographies and projects.
• Design and manage small to mid-sized research studies to support marketing initiatives
• Assist with larger department initiatives as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience in marketing research; preference for experience with B2C and B2B projects and Retail experience.
• Versed in a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods with some ability to identify which methodology to apply to business issue (e.g. in-store ethnography study vs online quantitative study)
• Ability to understand business objectives; identify client information needs, and design research solutions that appropriately meet the business objectives, including identifying the appropriate target sample and writing questionnaires as well as actionable insight output
• Strong analytical skills; including the ability to apply marketing research techniques (e.g. significance testing, regression, driver analysis) and to draw meaningful and actionable conclusions
• Proficiency in Excel required, SPSS preferred; Strong PowerPoint skills
• Ability to build and nurture relationships with associates
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to synthesize a large amount of data into an easy to digest story
• Bachelors of Science in Business, Marketing or a related discipline
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.