Staples Marketing Operations Manager in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Marketing Operations Manager for Change Management is a critical member of our newly created Marketing Operations practice at Staples. Marketing Operations is a key function that brings customer-centric campaigns to life ensuring optimal customer engagement leading to incremental growth for Staples. Marketing operations also enables Marketers by innovating streamlined processes, workflows and implementing world-class marketing technology solutions to enhance speed to market and a superior customer experience.
This position is responsible for partnering with both Marketers (end users) as well as Staples Digital Solutions (SDS) designing, implementing, and driving cross-department adoption of new marketing tools such as Digital Asset Management, Campaign Management, Content Management and more.
As the first major initiative, this role will work with content producing departments to ensure timely, and systematic storage of all produced digital assets in a Digital Asset Management (DAM) tool. This includes creating the right nomenclature, storage hierarchies and tagging in a system that will also display information about usage rights, permissions, and historical use. In addition to organizing and storing current assets, the Manager of Change Management will own, manage and optimize the workflows tied to their production process in DAM.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Apply a structured methodology for change management process and tools to gain adoption of changes required by Marketers.
• Lead communication efforts by designing, developing, delivering and, managing the communication around Marketing tool implementation
• Drive adoption by building strong relationships across internal teams, vendor partners, and agency partners to ensure effective usage and Return on Investment for the tools implemented
• Conduct needs assessments, impact analysis and change resistance and devise project plan to address any feedback from key stakeholders
• Support training efforts by providing input, documented requirements design / delivering training programs for all new tools being implemented in Marketing
• Conduct need assessment interviews among marketers, document major use cases and liaise with SDS and partners/vendors to capture detailed requirements
• Manage and implement Marketing Change Management process across all tool implementations
• With respect to the first major initiative undertaken by this person for Digital Asset Management
• Keep Staples DAM utilization ahead of the curve by keeping current on best practices and innovations
• Leverages experience, judgement, and knowledge base of digital asset management tools & best practices
• Maintain metadata and taxonomy models, evaluate possible changes on an ongoing basis, understand and enforce legal issues around asset use.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Adoption among the target use base
• Business needs met through the tool(s) implementation
• Implementation on/under budget
• Ontime resolution of implementation issues
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience required.
• A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent active listening skills
• Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
• Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
• Forward looking with a holistic approach
• Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
• Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
• Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
• Change management certification or designation desired
• 7+ Years of Marketing Operations experience including implementing marketing technologies such as digital asset management, campaign management, and content management at a large-scale.
• Deep expertise required in the implementation and management of Campaign Management Solutions (e.g Marketo, Eloqua, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Sales Force Marketing cloud), Digital Asset Management solutions (e.g. Bynder) and other Marketing tools and technologies, specifically greenfield projects (transition from no-tool in an area to implementing a tool for the first time)
• Familiarity with cloud-based campaign management, content management, digital asset management software
• Proven track record of collaborating and building consensus across teams, both internal and external
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders in a rapidly changing and deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff; highly developed writing skills needed to synthesize information for management reports and presentations.
• Demonstrated success in planning, organizing and directing multiple projects and activities; keen attention to detail along with effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Deep understanding of asset creation & design process; Experience with asset storage and organization, creating naming and tagging systems for both digital and analog assets.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of workflow management needed to lead the development and implementation of workflow system for the marketing organization.
• Advanced experience with databases as well as solid knowledge of digital content formats and standards.
• Familiarity with web publishing and content management systems best practices/standards.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.