Staples Manager, Segment Marketing in Framingham, Massachusetts
Segment Marketing partners with sales, marketing operations, media and product marketing to attain the financial business objectives for specific customer segments and contributes to the development of a segment marketing plan. The Manager will uncover segment targets, desired behaviors and develop clearly defined marketing programs that deliver desired ROI.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development of segment plans to align with segment goals throughout the customer lifecycle: customer growth, compliance, renewal/loyalty, churn/lapse/at risk accounts.
• Define and execute parts of annual segment marketing plans partnering with Marketing Operations, Digital Media and Product Marketing with an ownership of the customer target design, message and result. Segment emphasis on target distinctiveness, contact personalization and overall customer (business) health.
• Partner with customer analytics and customer insights to identify, synthesize and share customer insights on the customer segment to drive results with continuous improvements via testing.
• Lead the development and implementation of specific marketing programs to drive increase employee/user growth with key customer segments.
• Discover and test customer communication opportunities to improve the health of complex/high-touch customers.
• Assist in the development and implementation of segment marketing relationship programs that drive revenue growth.
Partner with Product, Segment and Field Marketing on segment specific category growth plans
• Collaborate with sales. sales strategy, solutions and field marketing to align on strategic business objectives and associated marketing plans to support
Staples Inc. is a market-leading provider of products and services for the workplace enabling better work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print and marketing services. We support businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to the Fortune 100 and everything in between providing exceptional quality and value across multiple channels, including direct sales, ecommerce, mobile, and retail.
Staples is a private company backed by Sycamore Partners composed of 3 standalone companies totaling $17B in revenue including: Staples North American Delivery, Staples Retail, and Staples Canada.
Education/Experience Equivalent (minimum requirements):
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 6 - 8 years of Marketing experience within a B2B environment developing segment plans and/or product solutions. Prior ownership of direct-to-customer marketing and sales support materials with a key focus on customer relationship marketing strategy.
• Comfort with test/learn/reiterate framework.
• Experience with customer insights via marketing research, customer analytics, direct and digital marketing, collateral, sales support, product marketing, relationship marketing programs, and industry analyst/influencer relationships.
• Results ownership through brand building and sales driving with targeted marketing programs
• Strong financial, analytical and strategic planning skills. ?
• Customer relationship marketing strategy and program execution within a test/learn framework
• Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with sales, sales strategy and merchandising functions. ?
• Proven experience with building and maintaining collaborative relationships cross- functionally particularly with sales. ?
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders. ?
• History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.