Danaher Corporation Director-Open Innovation & Business Development in Framingham, Massachusetts
SCIEX world-class research and development facilities are continuously making breakthroughs that keep our organization at the forefront of scientific and technological advances within laboratories worldwide. We are constantly exploring new ways to engage with potential Open Innovation partners, and in collaboration with other senior leaders, to offer our customers the best total solutions portfolio and improved speed to market in our chosen segments.
SCIEX is seeking a highly motivated leader to join our Open Innovation team who has extensive experience and a strong track record of negotiating and executing business opportunities within the life science technologies space.
The Director of Open Innovation should possess strong business and negotiation competencies, be intellectually curious and leverage their science, technology, and business experiences to provide leadership, direction, and a clear structure to workstream teams, including frameworks and sustainable business models.
This role plays a key role in collaborating across the organization to curate, prioritize, and drive Open Innovation opportunities through every stage of maturity within SCIEX CTO, R&D and Business Units using established Open Innovation processes.
· Accountable for evaluating, structuring, negotiating and executing external Open Innovation business opportunities to translate good scientific ideas into sustainable, profitable business models while working across all discipline areas that are of strategic interest to SCIEX.
· Drives and identifies synergies across SCIEX and across the Life Science Platform and prioritizes engagement of external technology and OI opportunities suited for, and mapped to, gaps in SCIEX knowledge, capabilities and/or technology with a timeline horizon of 1-to-5 years from market leverage.
· Leads OI engagements focused on in-/out-licenses, IP options of technology, products, methods and research to Development NPD to a successful handoff to the BU, R&D, Finance and Legal teams and provides guidance/oversight throughout.
· Develops identification, evaluation, cultivation and management of Open Innovation. Provides significant contributions including strategic fit, due diligence, structuring of business frameworks, negotiation of terms and contractual agreements.
· Manages cross-functional due diligence efforts and applies understanding of technical, legal, financial and market dynamics which have bearing on final agreements.
· Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Certain personal attributes and requisite prior experiences will be necessary components of the successful candidate's background for the role:
· 10 years experience in the instrumentation, medical device, software, healthcare or life science research industry and understanding of the market dynamics and competitive landscape.
· Proven track record of negotiations, strategic thinking, solid business acumen, problem solving and execution for results
· Capacity to analyze and communicate complicated issues and synthesize solutions in a fast-growing environment. Successfully influence senior level management, executives and stakeholders at all levels. Posses a strong work ethic coupled to a metrics-driven approach to decision making.
· Acquisition experience in the analytical instrumentation and associated software industry is a plus
· The successful candidate will possess as a minimum an analytical sciences undergraduate degree with an MBA or equivalent business experience
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation. If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
- Danaher Corporation Jobs