Staples Associate Manager, eCommerce in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Associate Manager, eCommerce will be responsible for driving the digital selling strategy across all core categories on staples.com. He/She will do this by leveraging a deep understanding of Marketing, Merchandising, eCommerce and the various tools/levers that drive a digital business. This will require the ability to develop cohesive partnerships across Merchandising, Marketing, Sales and Technology teams to create new processes and strategies site wide and at the individual category level. Understanding scope and prioritization of product roadmaps will be crucial to effectively communicating changes and introducing new opportunities. A successful candidate will have a passion for selling in a digital environment and must be comfortable using data to make decisions. This position will drive improvement recommendations across the organization through an understanding of internal best practices as well as the competitive landscape.
This is an ideal role for strong self-starting candidates with a background in eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising and/or Project management. This role requires an aggressive, but effective collaborator and communicator that can effectively build strong partnerships across the organization. The successful candidate is a proactive problem solver in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment and will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timeliness are not compromised. They must be able to communicate effectively up and down the chain of command and be able to translate requirements to operational and technical teams. They must be comfortable managing in a cross functional environment and have experience partnering with cross functional teams to deliver results.
• Support Manager in executing against top strategic initiatives for each program, including sales & margin goals and customer acquisition and retention targets.
• Develop core strategic foundations driving new and improved digital selling models by category.
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment with Manager and cross functional teams (Digital Solutions, Portfolio, Marketing, Sales, etc.) to provide strategies and recommendations for Merchandising Levers and go to market strategy, while thinking holistically across all business units and platforms (SBA, dotcom, etc.).
• Develop, build and maintain digital campaigns for strategic initiatives end to end – Includes understanding strategy, building out rollout plan and timing, while communicating and holding all teams accountable for deliverables.
• Creatively adaptive in new site merchandising systems while holding true to Staples brand guidelines.
• Partnering with analytics team to review and understand strategic data needs to support customer engagement and merchandising strategies.
• Drive tactical customer lifecycle initiatives to serve best possible customer experience, while maintaining organizational goals.
• Develop regular, impactful communication of progress and impact communications to appropriate cross-functional teams and provide strategic best practices and processes. Includes 3rd party external vendors.
• Support operational plans & processes in support of key projects and initiatives, including understanding the scope and prioritization of product roadmaps to ensure that business requirements are being met.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams in priority crisis managements and problem solve/ implement evergreen mitigation
• Develop understanding of best practices within the organization, as well as within the competitive landscape to constantly drive improvement, optimization and innovation
• Ability to manage projects/programs that involve external partners.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities with demonstrated track record of strong execution and experience partnering with technical teams to deliver results.
• Seeking strong, confident candidate who can communicate effectively to drive team objectives and push teams to deliver the best customer experience possible.
• Ability to build relationships with business partners and proactively assess needs of the business while holding partners accountable for deadlines and deliverables.
• Strong analytical and financial skills, as well as superior interpersonal skills.
• Strategic thinking combined with ‘on your feet’ problem solving ability.
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing or another related field.
• 4 years of eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising and/or Project management experience.
• MS Office suite proficiency; excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• 5+ years of eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising and/or Project management experience.
• Technically savvy with basic knowledge of JAVA Script, digital cookies/pixels, and HTML design coding.
• Pro-active and self-motivated work style with proven ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude to get results within a cross-functional team.
• Creative or design background.
• Understanding of Adobe Creative Suites.
• Understanding of merchandising sales and margin objectives.
• Understanding of promotional activities and systems.
• Understanding of internal Staples systems to help drive process improvement.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.