Wynn Las Vegas EPS AV Technician Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.5 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
Encore Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Encore Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Encore Boston Harbor team.
The Encore Boston Harbor AV Technicianwill be responsible for the basic set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in the Encore Boston Harbor’s convention areas. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining processes, scheduling, and supporting department team members and maximizing opportunities for departmental success; maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
*JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participates in short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Actively contributes to the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Verifies that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced within the department.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Assists AV Technicians with equipment deployment/setup, calibration and system debug.
- Maintains daily communication with project team on job progress and status.
- Maintains a professional work experience and positive interaction with all trades on projects.
- Sets up/dismantle meetings and conferences.
- Sets up, maintain and dismantle all audio video equipment (audio mixers, wireless mics, PA system, lighting boards, projectors, video screens, TVs) for our customers.
- Efficiently pulls, terminates, tests and labels field cabling to the correct locations.
- Operates powered, powder actuated, and hand tools to install supporting infrastructure.
- Utilizes provided AV System Drawings, to install and connect, tidy and serviceable devices behind displays, in furniture, and in AV system racks.
- Assists with troubleshooting by verifying and testing cabling, and checking power/signal flow.
- Makes contact with the clients to ensure scheduled meetings go smoothly.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
*Education and/or Experience: *
High school or equivalent degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of audio visual technician experience in a high volume convention facility or production related environment is preferred.
Requires general computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Requires experience of audio mixing (Yamaha, Behringer, Allen & Heath, Midas), video routing, video switching (Analog Way, Barco, Folsom, Spyder), projection, graphics (PowerPoint, Keynote, Playback), Collaboration Tools (Skype, WebEx, Google Docs, Polycom VC), lighting boards (GrandMA, ETC), DMX, lighting set up and strike.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exist while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the convention floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Team members may be expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions and subject to varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, noise, and vibration. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. May be required to work in elevated places on ladders, lifts, catwalks, and staging inside and outside of the building. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken including the use of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Hospitality - Hotel
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 16/3/2019