Wynn Las Vegas Direct Marketing Specialist Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.5 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
Encore Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Encore Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Encore Boston Harbor team.
The Encore Boston Harbor Direct Marketing Specialist -will manage the daily operations of all direct marketing efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Encore Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience. This position will be accountable for the direct mail program and email campaigns, for the Slot Marketing Department.
- Work with the Director of Slot Marketing to develop and implement strategies and programs to cultivate the market for new and existing players.
- Gain knowledge of the customer database, player segmentation and incentive strategies to assist in the developmental of promotional campaigns that appeal to a wide range of player profiles.
- Work with Marketing Manager on promotional content, structure and objectives to ensure successful campaigns/promotions and provide appropriate collateral.
- Create transparent direct marketing materials to ensure player engagement
- Track/Analyze direct marketing campaign results and provide information in program evaluation and adjustments.
- Submit print estimates to include creative scope, variable data programming and print
- Develop and maintain schedules, ensuring that project milestones are met, adhering to approved budgets.
- Manage artwork, work orders, proofs, change orders and obtain approvals.
- Analyze print, data and mailing for efficiency and to reduce costs
- Manage relationships with key external vendors (printers/mail house/email vendor) to maximize direct marketing spend and produce creative and enticing mail/email programs.
- Produce direct marketing documents to all internal and supporting departments
- Manage a high volume of complex projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Manage the execution of short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Responsible for performance management and employee engagement within the department.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, some of which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities, as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration, or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
*Education and/or Experience: *
High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 5 years of marketing, casino marketing or slot marketing experience required, 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher various reports and create and maintain reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the casino floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Hospitality - HotelMarketing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 13/8/2019