Amazon Web Services Sr Sales Strategy & Planning Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in every major industry. Increasingly, these companies are looking at AWS not just as a technology provider, but as a strategic partner that can speed their ability to innovate in the fast and ever-changing digital economy.
The AWS Worldwide Commercial Sales Strategy and Operations organization is looking for a Senior Sales Strategy & Planning Manager to lead and evolve the global customer segmentation and coverage model for direct customer coverage. This candidate will partner closely with finance, regional and area sales operations, as well as sales leaders to better understand the customer journey and AWS adoption, gather best practices, conduct analysis and ultimately determine how to apply these learnings at scale into the Go-to-Market model. The focus of projects and analysis may span customer segments, adjacent and supporting customer coverage, total market and customer spend analysis, customer definition and hierarchy, and other projects in support of our sales model and investment strategy. The role will also be responsible for building in-depth analysis to assess and support changes to the model or model inputs. This role will work across the organization to ensure critical foundational elements are in place, scalable, and evolving to support the model as it changes. This includes defining and providing input into strategic programs, processes and tooling as needed, as well as helping to define metrics. As needed, this position will work on sales strategy and transformation projects across the broader Sales Model Design & Go-to-Market team in support of the AWS Commercial Sales organization.
The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, thinks strategically, acts tactically, writes effectively, and displays strong analytical capabilities coupled with financial acumen and critical thinking skills. The candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for identifying issues, providing structure around ambiguity, simplifying where there's complexity, and the ability to anticipate business needs, make trade-offs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints. You should have experience managing complex global programs for in support of sales functions in large, multi-national, preferably tech organizations.
· Support the definition, enhancement and implementation of a global customer segmentation and account coverage model.
· Develop models and analysis, conduct internal and external research and synthesize learnings to support recommendations that drive change to the sales model or in support of strategic GTM programs and transformation initiatives.
· Define performance measures and reporting requirements, working individually and with analysts, to evaluate effectiveness of GTM models, programs and initiatives.
· Partner and collaborate with Sales, Business development, Finance, Operations, Enablement and other key stakeholder groups; influence effectively across all areas and levels of the organization.
· Identify issues and challenges related to sales strategy projects, and drive timely resolution.
· Lead strategy projects as need.
Position may be based near an AWS office: Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Austin, TX
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years of strategy experience focused on sales strategy, business strategy, finance or corporate strategy
· 5+ years of experience working within a global technology company, startup or top tier management consulting firm
· 5+ years of excel experience (or other analytical applications) conducting creative analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable deliverables/business reviews
· Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, the market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of strategy experience focused on sales strategy, business strategy, corporate strategy or GTM management consulting with a top tier firm
· MBA or other relevant advance degree
· Experience with Master Data Management
· Strong understanding of B2B sales environment to include sales organizational structures, indirect channel, sales systems, and industry data used in developing go-to-market strategies
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
· Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
· Detail-oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize for the long-term
· Meets/Exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs