Pegasystems, Inc. Sr. Communications Specialist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Position: Writing is your passion. You’re excited by the opportunity to work with a variety of people and tease out good ideas and compelling stories. You love to read and/or you’re a news junky –interested in what’s happening around you and what’s coming next.
You’re highly-motivated, collaborative, and curious – you like connecting ideas from different disciplines, with a strong interest in technology and how it affects people, business, and society. You take pride in your work, and you understand what it means to ghost write for others and adjust your approach and content to meet the style of a diverse group of people and communications channels.
In the same week, you may spend time working on a byline for a major business journal or tech trade, a Linkedin post, a company newsletter, and/or a speaking abstract. You enjoy variety and shifting between clients, channels and topics – as long as there are good ideas, you’re excited to find a way to bring them to life through words.
In this role, you will: Draft and/or edit thought leadership pieces for senior executives to communicate Pega’s vision for digital transformation, its technology innovation, and global leadership.
Help craft speaking abstracts to support executive communications strategy and visibility
Create speeches and/or speaking points in support of key speaking engagements
Develop byline, long form linked-in, blog and related content to communicate thought leadership topics for key Pega executives
Distill complex information into engaging content intended for a variety of global audiences
Work very closely with internal communications, social media, and earned media teams within Corporate Communications to proactively identify and create consistent, cohesive themes and messages that convey Pega’s vision and business priorities in a compelling and credible manner
Work with cross-functional teams and other members of global communications teams and external agency partners on our overall communications agenda
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Best in class communications team focused on leveraging thought leadership as a competitive differentiator
The Person: A thoughtful, confident partner, committed to helping deliver positive business results for the company. You are curious, patient, a big picture thinker who enjoys being challenged with ideas. You enjoy driving change and can work equally well independently and collaboratively. You know how to work with senior executives with different styles and can adjust as needed.
- 5-7+ years communications experience partnering with senior executives
- Superb verbal, written, storytelling, and editing skills
- Ability to build trust and credibility with executives and provide insightful feedback
- You’re not fazed by strong personalities
- Able to deliver outstanding work in a fast-paced, changing environment – sometimes with limited guidance
- Strong organizational and project management skills; able to work effectively and efficiently under deadlines and under pressure
- Agility, thick skin and confidence to push back on executives when needed
- Good sense of humor and ability to see work as fun
- You like and understand technology and know how to translate technical concepts into ideas that matter to a broad business audience
- Experience working in global tech industry with executive communications experience
We believe leadership is about pushing great people to be better. –Pega Value: High Performance
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice