Microsoft Corporation Solution Sales Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
As a company, Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and lead transformational impact with our top customers. As a Regional Sales Lead, you will be expected to bring your deep customer, sales and deal making experience to bear on the largest on most important accounts in your time zone leading teams who are critical interface to our most valued customers into the digital age. This role is vital to Microsoft’s competitive ambitions. Traditional sales engagement methods have evolved, and customers are seeking consultative partnerships. Armed with world class cloud solutions, your role is to unlock the potential of our most strategic enterprise customers by demonstrating clear business value accelerating their Digital Transformation and success.
The most successful Regional Sales Leaders are ultra-resourceful, master orchestrators of virtual teams, and exceptional at navigating and influencing in matrix organizations. They are also leaders whom can grow and develop high potential teams and nurture from within by building a trusting, diverse, growth mindset culture. They have exceptional listening skills and are both curious and life learners. These attributes allow them to advise confidently and elevate their customer’s business and articulate the potential opportunities to define the right strategies that will lead our teams to drive massive growth in our clients spend with Microsoft. This role will be specific to the US region to drive effectiveness and impact in the way we engage with customers. It offers incredible opportunity to accelerate your career by driving business impact that can change the future. Be a part of a transformative, learning culture that drives innovation. It has never been a better time join Microsoft and see up close the digital revolution!
• Key areas of responsibility: You will engage executives and resources in the company and our partners to make incredibly complicated deals happen by leading and influencing our teams and virtual organizations. These opportunities have the very highest visibility at Microsoft and both global and public exposure.
• Management: Extensive leadership experience of managing large direct teams and developing great inclusive cultures that attract top talent and a track record of exceptional performance.
• Field Leadership: Ability to influence your area leaders to drive Digital Transformation in their teams and support them and their organizations to make their largest deals happen. Show the account teams how to fish, do not only fish for them. Develop significant executive relationships in selected strategic accounts. Develop talent in strategic accounts.
• Sales Effectiveness & Efficiency: Optimization of SAP sales engagements focused on business growth and achievement of revenue/scorecard goals with demonstrated global impact.
• Corporate Strategy: Provide feedback and learning to the corporate teams based on your engagements to make Microsoft better.
• Critical Deal Facilitation: Manage C-level dialogue with customers around the SAP on Azure workloads, including business transformation for enterprise computing and digital transformation on the Microsoft solution strategy for SAP deployments on Azure.
• Understand Onelist, the Digital Winroom and other corporate assets to help you close deals, but also to influence strategy.
• Metrics: WW Revenue for Strategic Accounts in your time zone. Close rate in your strategic deals.
Candidates will have 15+ years’ experience in sales management, business development and/or enterprise level business consulting working in the software industry.
10+ years recognized and rewarded experience selling SAP business solutions to large/global enterprise customers required
Strong knowledge of SAP-related enterprise software solutions and platform competitor landscape, business drivers, and emerging trends required
Deep experience working in complex cross functional and matrix organizations.
Strong ability to coach sales teams and lead through influence.
Ability to capture requirements for Corporate teams to respond to and be a change agent to implement and measure change.
Deep knowledge of Enterprise sales processes and a strong track record of cross company working.
Experience of working with product groups and other Corporate teams to drive Digital Transformation deals.
Profile Capabilities & Behaviors Required:
Sales Achiever - Achieve results by understanding digital transformation drivers and customer priorities. Identify new opportunities and help customers accelerate their move to the digital age for their own benefit as well as their customers.
Digital Transformation Driver - Anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions to customers, influencing BDMs and ITDMs, building trust with stakeholders and translating Microsoft solutions into business impact and outcomes that accelerate the customer’s digital transformation.
Sales Challenger - Continuously build industry and technical knowledge. Bring innovative industry solutions, benchmarks and references to C-level executives that drive greater efficiencies, optimization and increase customer satisfaction
Deal Orchestrator - Orchestrate virtual selling teams and all Microsoft resources maximizing revenue opportunity. Lead and drive entire sales cycle and leveraging repeatable offerings to accelerate and win deals.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.