Microsoft Corporation Senior PMM, Azure Security Center & Azure Defender in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Azure Security Center & Azure Defender
As businesses transform digitally cyber security is increasingly important at all levels within our customer base. This represents an opportunity to Microsoft to both protect customers and grow what is already a substantial business. Azure Defender is key to helping our Azure customers get secure from prevention to compliance to detection. It is located within the Azure Security Center in the Azure portal and in this role, you will lead marketing for Azure Security Center and Azure Defender. Azure Security Center is the most mature security center from any cloud security platform provider, and we are constantly innovating to meet the needs of our install base with new roadmap value coming in numerous areas. Azure Defender is a core part of our XDR story providing threat protection with a vision of protecting all your cloud workloads and multi-cloud.
Our high performing, collaborative marketing members are individually brilliant, love working with each other, and we value both a positive team dynamic and embrace diverse perspectives to help all of us learn, grow, and deliver better business outcomes. We embrace trying new things and learn from any outcome. The team charter includes the full threat protection story spanning SIEM and XDR, Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, and Microsoft 365 Defender, and we also carry the banner for Azure security including platform technologies and confidential computing.
In this role you will be responsible for marketing Azure Defender/Azure Security Center, which is instrumental to the safety of customers on Azure and to us meeting our revenue targets for security. Your primary objectives are to grow attach of Azure Defender within both existing projects and up-front for new projects.
To get this done you are focused on the customer and business outcomes, you are great at cross-group collaboration, you are a natural listener and simplifier, as you look end to end across the business from marketing campaigns to readiness to product strategy to partner to field to competitor to help improve product, deliver offers, land scale through partners and field, and deliver great digital marketing. There are many facets to this role so your prioritization skills will be important and it’s a great role to get broad visibility to continue to grow your career. You are both great at building standalone value and excellent at cross group collaboration and integrating your value with the broader Azure and Microsoft ecosystem.
Areas of responsibility include:
Collaborating with business planning on business model decisions and then bringing those to market including existing projects in this space in process.
Influencing engineering on product marketing roadmap including several new capabilities coming on-line in the next 6 months.
Integration into the broader SIEM + XDR story
Integration with both security and Azure marketing plays, web-sites, priorities, and more
Delivering the value proposition of the product in messaging and in content
Ensuring we have the right try, evaluate buy motions in market including demos and trials
Building compete content
Listening to field input from sellers and marketers spanning Azure and Security sellers
• Knowledge of one or more Microsoft applications a definite plus
• Excellent communication skills, high degree of accountability with willingness to take measured risks and set bold goals
• Proven capability to deliver world class marketing content, including value proposition, evidence, blogs, whitepapers & presentations for identified scenarios, products/features and segments/audiences
• Drive for results and action oriented
• Ability to translate solutions understanding into a compelling story for customers’ that clearly articulates Microsoft’s strategy, benefits and differentiation when using Azure’s services
• Ability to analyze and diagnose complex product and business challenges, formulate solutions, and then motivate the broader organization to pragmatic action
• Desire to be involved in a development stage business with an entrepreneurial bias
• Proven capability to develop strong working relationships with customers, senior executives, engineering teams, and other product and marketing groups across Microsoft
• Experience and a track record of success in product marketing or product management is essential. The ability to drive with autonomy in a high-visibility environment is a must-have skill, as is the ability to collaborate across org boundaries. Knowledge of how enterprises buy and use commercial applications is a big plus.
The candidate must also have:
• B.A./B.S in Computer Science, Marketing or related field Computer Information Systems, preferred
• M.B.A or related work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs