Philips Senior Director, Head of Strategy - Sleep & Respiratory Care Business in Cambridge, Massachusetts
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Unlock a number of key strategic value drivers simultaneously, including geographical expansion, business model transformation, and digitization providing the context for this role within our Sleep & respiratory Business.
You are responsible for
· Crafts and executes the overall Sleep & Respiratory strategy with Business Group Management Team and Businesses. Identifies needs for strategic projects and/or coordinating short “question/answer” projects within the BG and facilitate problem solving
· Sets strategic agenda for the business and ensure key strategic topic are discussed in MT meetings.
· Leads development of long-term impact business opportunities to win against competition and strategic projects (including defining, scoping, chartering and leading Group Strategy Pool projects).
· Drives organic / inorganic growth agenda, translating strategy into the need for M&A, JVs, Alliances.
· Ensures and validates – working closely with Finance, Business Transformation colleagues – that strategies are embedded AOP, BMC plans, Hoshin and builds openness about progress and potential roadblocks (Strategy Execution).
· Ensures up-to-date overview of market, competition, technical, application and societal development in market to ensure active portfolio management within BG to improve value.
· Teams effectively with senior management and interacts with major customers to actively build a network to stay on top of new developments and insights in market
· Being a close counterpart to the Heads of Strategy of the different Markets (country organizations) or Group Strategy and helping to execute on strategies across Philips
You are a part of
The Sleep & Respiratory Business is located in Pittsburgh (PA) and focuses on providing solutions in Sleep, Respiratory Care and Respiratory Drug Delivery. The BG is part of the Cluster of Personal Health Businesses, that play a meaningful role on the health continuum – in the healthy living, prevention and home care stages – delivering integrated, connected solutions that support healthier lifestyles and those living with chronic disease. Collectively these Businesses generated € 7.3 billion of Sales in 2017 – of which 22% in BG SRC – and a profitability of 17% (EBITA).
As Head of Strategy, you will serve as a member of the BG SRC leadership team. You will collaborate very closely with various partners, both based at headquarters (in Amsterdam) and in the markets. You will have a significant impact on strategic priorities and work with a broad range of people in a large variety of teams throughout the organization. This is an unrivaled opportunity to drive strategy and growth of a highly creative and dynamic integrated technology solutions Business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· 10+ years of overall experience, preferable with 5+ years of experience with a best-in-class Strategy Consulting firm (e.g. BCG, Bain, McKinsey)
· Master’s in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
· International business experience and in-depth experience in the HealthTech domain. Affinity for driving integrated solutions across hardware, software, and services
· Proven record of creating significant impact both in strategy definition and strategy execution in multinational organizations
· Willingness to travel (30%)
In return, we offer you
You will be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Business Group Leadership Team and have the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and models. The position is viewed as an exciting assignment and an ideal stepping-stone towards executive opportunities within the broader Philips organization.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
- Philips Jobs