RELX Group Scientific Editor – Cell in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Scientific Editor – Cell
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
We are looking for two full-time scientific editors to join the Cell editorial team . For one of the positions, we are looking for candidates with expertise in immunology. For the other position, we welcome applications from candidates with expertise in any topic area covered by the journal. Previous editorial experience is an advantage but is not required. We are open to considering candidates at junior and senior levels.
The core responsibilities of this position include
• Recruiting exciting research studies and review material
• Assessing submitted research papers
• Overseeing the peer review process
• Engaging the scientific community in their labs and at conferences to learn about scientific developments and establish relationships
As an editor at Cell , you will also have opportunities to contribute to broader Cell Press initiatives, advocate for science, provide thought leadership, and influence the practice and direction of science and scientific communication.
• Broad interests, love of science, and desire to learn. As an editor, you will need to understand the diverse science covered by Cell, and you will need to appreciate the issues and questions that drive different fields.
• A talent for clear communication. Good editors help authors make their message clear, concise, and compelling, so readers know why the science is important and how it will impact their work.
• Interest in digital communication and publishing trends.
• Creativity, willingness to experiment, and desire to improve.
• The ability to organize, prioritize, and focus.
• Great interpersonal skills. Collaboration and networking are core aspects of the job.
• PhD in a relevant discipline. Applicants with a professional background such as running a research group or working in industry are also encouraged to apply.
Our preference is for the new editors to be based in our Cell Press office in Cambridge, Massachusetts. However, depending on work permit status, we would be open to having editors based in one of our Elsevier offices in the European Union. Cell Press offers an attractive salary and benefits package and a stimulating working environment. Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills, knowledge, and background could contribute to the journal.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RELX Group Jobs