Microsoft Corporation Media Solutions Specialist – Global Black Belt in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft’s Enterprise Commercial division serves our largest commercial customers, by helping them maximize the digital transformation opportunity using Microsoft's suite of enterprise cloud offerings. Comprised of the Account Team Unit (ATU), the Specialist and Technical Sales Unit (STU) and the Customer Success Unit (CSU), Enterprise Commercial sellers, technical sellers, consumption experts and a variety of internal partners showcase the value that can be realized from new technology. Across every role, our job is simple: Put the customer first and show them the world of possibilities Digital technology can offer.
Microsoft is Hiring a solution sales leader and influencer who will help shape Content Creators and Media companies decision to adopt Azure as a platform to create, manage, distribute and monetize their content. Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today!
The Global Black Belt Solution Specialist - Media is a senior solution sales professional within our enterprise sales organization with a special focus on strategic Content Creators and Media companies.
As a Media Global Black Belt SSP, you will be a trusted advisor and a senior solution sales leader engaging with Content creators and Media companies. You will drive executive conversation with business and technical decision makers. You will own and lead the Azure media solutions business conversation, helping Content creators and media companies to envision how they could leverage our cloud solutions to produce, manage, distribute and monetize their content. You will hunt new Media projects both in existing and new accounts, building a compelling strategy for growing the Azure consumption in the Media space and will coordinate those engagements with your global virtual team.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
• Lead and challenge customer with clear strategic vision of digital transformation.
• Drive Executive conversation both in and outside IT.
• Growing the Media projects consumption YOY.
• Expanding and deepening relationships and satisfaction
• Building a compelling strategy for growing the Azure Media consumption
• Global Geographic resource management and execution, seen as the Leader of your Global virtual team.
• 50% of your time, you will be the key sales leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, build and transform the way they create and distribute their content. You will orchestrate and lead Microsoft team to win Azure Media sales opportunities. You will develop, communicate and provide high business impact solutions that enable Content creators and Media companies to digitally transform leveraging Azure, including Media Partners and ISV solutions as appropriate.
• 30% Being a leader of the sales opportunity team, disciplined in business-management you will build a strong and active business network to meet & exceed sales targets and operational standards.
• 20% You will influence the Azure Media go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter. You will maintain and develop a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE).
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Required experience and skills:
7-10 years in sales/sales management/sales operations/business strategy roles
2+ years in the Media industry or related experience
Broad knowledge of and ability to explain Content creation, content management, distribution and monetization scenarios (business and technical aspects)
Knowledge of partner and ISV solution ecosystem in the Media & Cable vertical.
Account Management. Proven record of effective account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation. Discover new opportunities and expand renewals in named accounts in order to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual quota targets
Executive Presence. Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to C-Level and senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
Collaborative. Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence. Develop and execute a territory sales and success plan, in partnership with GBB Technical Solution Professionals, Customer Success Engineer, to reach and educate new developers, support pre-sales opportunities, and engage solution partners and ISVs in your accounts
Trusted advisor. Execute a solution sales process that adds value to customers through commercial teaching in order to win the business and establish yourself as a trusted advisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics or related field required
Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling prefered