Harvard University Marketing Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
48041BRAuto req ID:48041BRJob Code:319056 Public/Media Information Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Marketing ManagerSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:056Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:•Bachelor’s Degree required.
•Supervisory experience required.
•A minimum of three years of experience in a marketing or directly related role.
Please upload your Resume AND Cover letter as one document.
•Experience within the financial services industry highly desired.
•Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
•Exceptional computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
•Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite software.
•High comfort level with social networking, including Facebook and Twitter.
•Copywriting and proofreading/editing experience.
•The ability to work as part of a team.
•Must be willing to work in the very diverse environment of Harvard University and affiliate organizations.
•Must be able to sit up to 4 hours at a time.
•Ability to lift 30lbs and other materials as required.
•Occasionally required to stand, walk, kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
• Harvard University requires a pre-employment reference and background screening, which includes OFAC.
• Harvard University is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.
Harvard University Employees Credit Union website: https://www.huecu.org/
The Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the country and a leader in our industry. As a not-for-profit cooperative, we put our members’ best interests first in all that we do. We are passionate about service and fanatical about solving problems. Integrity and transparency are the foundation of HUECU’s philosophy. Our mission is to enhance our members’ lives by developing and offering trustworthy products that are easy to understand, easy to use and best suited to meet their financial needs.
HUECU has a dynamic small-business atmosphere where every member of the team has a significant impact on our success. Our headquarters and flagship branch are located in the heart of Harvard Square, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and the vibrant University community. HUECU staff are employed by Harvard University and enjoy competitive salaries and a robust benefits package.
We’re looking for talented, member-centric stars to join our growing team. If you have energy, enthusiasm, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you should check out the career opportunities with HUECU.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including, but not limited to:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, a paid winter recess break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision plans: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Programs: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% subsidized MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout the metro Boston area.
For more information on Total Rewards at Harvard visit: https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards
Department:Harvard University Employees Credit UnionPre-Employment Screening:Criminal, Education, IdentitySchedule:
M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm / 7 hour default schedule but additional hours will be expected as business needs warrant. Late night and weekend hours may be expected due to events and meetings.
Job Function:Communications Duties & Responsibilities:
This position manages the daily operations of the Marketing Department and has primary responsibility for the tactical implementation of Marketing Communication plans for Harvard University Employees Credit Union (https://www.huecu.org/ ). The Marketing Manager provides daily direction for Marketing staff, including direct supervision of the Marketing Design Specialist, Digital Marketing Specialist, and Marketing Data Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors use of the Credit Union brand across all communication channels ensuring consistent adherence to image guidelines.
• Manages the ongoing implementation of all tactical aspects of the annual marketing plan.
• Supervises the daily activities of the Marketing Design Specialist, Digital Marketing Specialist, and Marketing Data Analyst.
• Manages the development of direct reports through performance reporting, evaluation and review.
• Supports the CMRO in the planning of the Marketing department’s overall strategy, including the annual Marketing plan and budget, as well as individual campaigns.
• Manages and tracks marketing budget, ensuring timely payment of invoices and appropriate resource allocation according to annual budget plan.
• Directs the online presence of the Credit Union across company websites and social media platforms, including content management and communication plans.
• Represents the Marketing department at monthly manager meetings.
• Leads cross-functional teams for specific projects as needed.
• Identifies, evaluates, and implements initiatives to leverage new advertising and communication opportunities.
• Obtains bids and evaluates pricing for various projects and services.
• Plans materials for advertising, public relations and member education such as direct mail, newsletters, flyers and the annual report; including copy preparation, production and distribution.
• Tracks and steers progress of marketing initiatives using data collected from various sources.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on core product production and other key strategic metrics.
• Manages a variety of third party service providers including graphic designers, copywriters, proofreaders, and printers.
• Oversees receipt and routing of Marketing requests, delegating tasks to ensure timely action.
• Frequent copywriting for advertising and member communication pieces.
• Manages electronic member communications, including email marketing programs and the eNewsletter.
• Manages in-house mailing programs.
• Performs various other duties as needed.
School/Unit:Harvard University Credit Union EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.