Microsoft Corporation Managing Digital Advisor, Director - Retail & Consumer Goods in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to work with Microsoft's most established customers, advising and supporting theirexecutives with the planning and realization of keydigitaltransformation initiativesfocused onthe value createdwithdigital technologies?
If so, the Managing Digital Advisor, Director – Retail & Consumer Goods position, as part of our Industry Solutions (IS) Organization within Microsoft, is a uniquecareer opportunity for you!
Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey.
Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves.
About the Role – Managing Digital Advisor, Director – Retail & Consumer Goods
As a Microsoft Digital Advisor Director, you will be a key member of the Customer Transformation team and partner closely with our Microsoft Account Teams in the demand generation process. Your focus will be to enable your teams to lead the customer’s vision and journey, manage the program of change and CXO/BDM relationships, lead culture and innovation set-up, and support ongoing innovation.
Your team of expert Digital Advisors will bring expertise, commitment, and resources to drive a program of change to build a company’s digital business. You will develop a team which guides organizations as they reimagine and transform customer engagements, employee experiences, business models and operations. Microsoft Digital Advisors work with customer teams connecting them to unique perspectives and constructive disruptions that inspire them to drive the future story of their business together with Microsoft and the Microsoft ecosystem
Digital Advisory Services
- The Digital Advisor Manager enables the team of Digital Advisors to transform the mindset of customers and account teams by challenging the status quo and bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition to our customers’ businesses. Instigate the Digital Transformation (DT) program of change with customers to build their digital business, resulting in commitment from customers to proceed with the plan. Demonstrate how the vision becomes a reality when all relevant Microsoft resources and technologies are brought to bear. Design the DT program of change and its three elements – digital culture, digital platform, and digital approach.
Change Leadership and Adoption
- Lead, support and coach a team of Digital Advisors to bring their expertise, as well as the full potential of Microsoft to reach the customer’s digital aspirations. Provides experience and leadership capabilities to ensure the team drives a proper digital transformation governance model to lead the change, ensure business value is created, deliverables are met, and a DT program of change is creating continuous innovation capability within the customer leading to ongoing commitment with Microsoft and consumption of our cloud services. Measure business progress and take executive decisions rapidly to support your team.
Be an Microsoft Customer Transformation Role Model
- Manage team operations including resource and capacity planning, profitability, people metrics, and expenses. Work across sales, operations, finance, HR, product groups. Track and drive exceptional performance in all areas, including wins, renewals, hiring, onboarding, mentoring, customer satisfaction and delivery of quality customer deliverables. Ensure the team invests in career development whilst rewarding the desire to constantly improve and acquire new skills. Coach teams to be recognized as innovators with strong storytelling abilities to inspire a growth mindset
Business to Technology Strategy
- Drive the value proposition of a digital transformation strategy and lead local thought leadership events to drive executive engagement. Contribute to the adoption of good practices across both the team and the worldwide organization. Create account plans and participate in joint account planning with sales teams, Organize and lead sales pursuits, directly or in supporting capacity, regularly review opportunities. Plan and execute engagement renewals. Prepare DAs for effective pre-sales. Coach them through opportunity development.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years technical consulting, consultative selling, or related technical work or internship experience
OR equivalent experience
5+ years of direct people leadership including motivating, engaging, and performance managing senior individual contributors
Understanding of current and emerging Digital Solutions, and experience managing technology-enabled business transformation within one or more industries (i.e. Automotive, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Public Sector)
Proven talent driving teams for performance, growth and delivery of customer satisfaction
Thought leader with executive presence, including ability to hold CXO and BDMs level discussions, and executive-level, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 15+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, practice building, or related technical/sales experience
OR equivalent experience.
Master's or Doctorate Degree in Business or relevant customer industry OR 8+ years experience in relevant customer industry
6+ years experience using technology to drive customer business outcomes
Formal education or experience in Business, Sales, or Marketing
Significant experience working with the BDMs and/or for top technical and business consulting firms, including people management, business development, sales management, operations management, and driving delivery excellence
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $131,900 and $226,000.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect limited global travel, 0 – 25%, contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs