Biogen Head of Network Strategy in Cambridge, Massachusetts
*This position can be based at Cambridge or RTP in the US as well as Baar or Solothurn in Switzerland *
The Head of Network Strategy will engage with Executive Leadership of PO&T, R&D and Commercial routinely (day-to-day) to establish and influence strategic direction of Manufacturing Network required to support and anticipate strategic of Biogen across all modalities, nodes and molecules. The team will work closely with Asset Teams within PO&T, R&D (specifically Clinical Development) and Commercial to evaluate and determine – molecule by molecule – the most appropriate network design taking in consideration of the economic, operational and technical inputs. The above interactions will establish critical business priorities, investment requirements and risk profile to ensure mid and long-term Biogen imperatives are met. Robust financial and business acumen will materially impact P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow through management of the production plans taking into account economic impacts of production plans, network allocation, inventory and partner revenue.
• Overall strategic direction of new technologies, operational investments including opex, capex and resource allocation required to support long term R&D pipeline needs and potential future M&A needs.
• Long range planning in alignment with clinical and commercial needs across a variety of modalities including large molecules, small molecules, antisense oligonucleotides, parenteral fill finish and gene therapy assets
• Developing and continuing to advance critical decision support tools and analysis necessary to support EC and BOD business decisions including robust financial analysis.
• Leading modality, network, supply chain node, and molecule evaluations including tax, economic, scale, investment decisions, resources allocation, inventory, physical and financial flows, capacity; and deliver molecule, node, modality and network designs.
• Robust risk management to ensure overall PO&T priorities and business objectives are achieved.
• Partner and influence development and partnership opportunities in support of network designs and strategies.
• Own Allocation Strategies and define allocation plans, including definition of Long term inventory and Capacity planning evaluations, Infrastructure and Business Strategy Plans and Creation of Production Allocation Plans maximizing capacity utilization and revenue; ensuringing reliable dependent supply planning and business continuity taking into account tax optimization
• 15+ Years of Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or similar highly regulated industry including experience in operations with engagement in Technology, Development, Engineering and Financial and Business support function
• Ability to work in a high degree of ambiguity
• Strategic thinking
• Excellent executive communication skills, with ability to bring complex problems into simple representations
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong financial and business acumen including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow, Accounting, Planning and SEC requirements
• Deep Operational knowledge including development, plant operations and supply chain
• Strong analytical and critical thinking competencies
• Agility and strong leadership competencies
• Experience with contracts – negotiating, operationalizing and dispute resolution
• Ability to make decisions without all information using assumptions, experience and best judgment drawn from experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering required; Master of Business Administration or Master’s in Science or Engineering degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.