Sanofi Group Global Public Affairs Head, Oncology in Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Sanofi, we chase the miracles of science to improve peoples’ lives.
Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) is a leading global integrated healthcare company that discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions to improve the lives of everyone. With 100,000 dedicated professionals in more than 100 countries, Sanofi is devoted to advancing healthcare around the world. In 2021, Sanofi reported net sales of EUR 37.7 billion, in an almost equal distribution between emerging markets, the United States, and Europe. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare and is structured in 4 Global Business Units (GBUs): Sanofi Specialty Care, General Medicines, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
The Oncology franchise within the Specialty Care GBU has a diverse and growing portfolio. This includes a late-stage oral SERD (amcenestrant) for breast cancer and an ADC targeting the CEACAM-5 biomarker (Tusamitamab ravtansine), as well as multiple early pipeline / Phase II assets. Our marketed products include treatments for multiple myeloma, advanced basal cell carcinoma (BCC), advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and prostate cancer.
Public Affairs (PA) is one of the key functions within Corporate Affairs, and our purpose is to create the conditions that promote scientific innovation and enable sustainable access to Sanofi’s portfolio. We do this by engaging with patients, consumers, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders to shape the policy environment for health care. Our ambition is to be a forward leaning, industry leading and trailblazing Public Affairs organization that is actively shaping the future health landscape, changing the conversation on the value of innovation and building bridges. The Global PA team is organized by GBUs and Regions and provides support to each GBU across geographies.
This position is open to considering formal relocation support. In addition, we are open to considering candidates that may require sponsorship support to work in the U.S.
The Global Public Affairs Head, Oncology serves as the senior PA functional expert to the Oncology franchise. This role works closely with the Global Oncology Leadership Team in developing global public affairs strategies to meet shared business and patient objectives. This role collaborates with the Local PA teams to ensure relevance of global strategy, alignment on resource prioritization, and consistency in execution. The role reports solid line to the Global Head of PA, and dotted line to the Oncology franchise head. This role leads a small team of PA leads focused on specific areas of the Oncology portfolio.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Global Public Affairs Head, Oncology is responsible for developing and executing global public affairs strategy to deliver on the strategic objectives of the Oncology franchise.
· Develop an external policy/market shaping strategy for Oncology to support execution in priority countries in close partnership with local PA
· Develop and drive implementation of a robust PA strategy to achieve the vision for Oncology franchise
· Reinforcing the company’s commitment to the Oncology community and supporting high priority business objectives for select key assets
- lung cancer, skin cancer, multiple myeloma, prostate cancer, et. al) and significant new launches in the Oncology portfolio.
· Reinforce Sanofi Specialty Care’s position as an innovative and emerging leader in Oncology.
· Drive “Where to Play” strategy for select priority markets, focusing on areas where PA can deliver value.
· Strengthen relationships with global Oncology patient groups and key stakeholders to ensure “voice of the patient” is central to shaping business strategy and development opportunities
· Build expertise and knowledge of the Oncology space within the Public Affairs community.
· Work with local PA teams to ensure global strategies reflect local realities and relevance/utility of global tools.
· Leverage resources and expertise across Corporate Affairs functions, secure alignment and champion one voice.
· Collaborate with key cross functional partners (Communications, Medical, Regulatory, R&D, Commercial) to shape policy, guidelines to ensure patient access to treatment and clinical trials.
· Cultivate strategic partnerships with key global stakeholders and patient groups to bring needed solutions to patients in line with the priorities of the Oncology franchise and consistent with over all company position.
· Understand important trends likely to impact business strategy – monitor and analyze potential threats, opportunities from external developments and communicate them effectively to the franchise leadership.
· Serve as strategic advisor to the Head of Global Oncology in all external affairs issues relevant to properly operate commercial operations and protect/advance Sanofi’s reputation.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (accredited four-year College or university) is required
· A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in public affairs, with responsibilities for market-shaping strategies, advocacy campaigns, or advanced responsibilities in an industry (or advocacy global institution) public affairs role
· Scientific background, knowledge/experience in Oncology is preferred
· Country specific experience within Public Affairs is preferred for this role
· Global experience is also preferred
· Experience within Pipeline to Launch product cycles is preferred
· Experience in formally leading our managing a team is preferred
· This position will require strong collaboration across the Local, Regional and Global teams.
· Identified candidates will have proven experience in developing, and leading within a highly matrixed environment.
· Previous experience partnering with Regulatory Affairs; Market Access; and/or Communications cross-functional teams is preferred.
· This position may require up to 20% overall travel.
· Languages: Fluent English (oral & written) French/ other languages a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
Strategic thinker with demonstrated understanding of the strategic role of Public Affairs in driving business success.
Solid track record in translating strategy to action: developing high impact Public Affairs strategies, deploying PA tools and tactics to meet business objectives.
Strong leader with proven leadership ability to build consensus, influence the debate, mobilize teams around a position or cause.
Team player, skilled in collaboration and able to work and lead with ease cross-functionally and within a matrix.
Working knowledge of policy and political environment and legislative processes in key countries/regions.
Skilled at developing and cultivating relationships with patient organizations and other strategic partners.
Knowledge of the healthcare industry, appreciation of critical trends shaping the operating landscape and relevance to industry/business strategy.
Demonstrated ability to work with teams of experts and senior leaders in a highly matrixed organization.
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
·Comfortable in ambiguous settings and in operating effectively in fast paced environments.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #GD-SA; #LI-SA
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
- Sanofi Group Jobs