Google Experimentation Lead, Unskippable Experiments in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Unskippable Experiments team provides advanced brands with breakthrough creative effectiveness solutions through collaborative experimentation on video ads. The experimentation is based on identifying and testing innovative creative approaches, and leveraging Google/3P data to increase brand’s confidence around effectiveness on YouTube.
The team extracts learnings, guides lighthouse experiments and runs immersive workshops with brands across all verticals. You have deep experience in media and communications planning and this role will take the lead on defining and developing experiments to test media-focused hypotheses and report to the head of Unskippable Experiments.
These media-focused experimentations will focus on connecting advanced targeting, sequencing and orchestration, measurement and attribution to their digital video assets. This will require you to partner with the team to identify and shape new experiments, refine existing experiments/reports and leading cross-functional and external conversations with internal/external media stakeholders and partners.
Our Global Clients & Agency Solutions team helps serve some of the world's largest brands. Our dedicated teams of marketing and advertising specialists use their unique skill sets to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We aspire to advise our clients on all aspects of their online business strategy. Using Google's broad range of products, we help our clients connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Identify and define cutting edge areas of experimentation for us to pursue with partners, with a focus on media and media/creative crossover opportunities
- Review pools of high performing ads for patterns of creative and media effectiveness. Publish internal and externally facing thought leadership to improve video effectiveness and drive spend at scale from our key partners
- Lead Unskippable workshops and experimentation with key partners and their agencies. Provide consulting support for workshops and experiments
- Provide cross-functional support with product, media Sales teams and research teams on findings, opportunities and communications
- Lead partnerships with 3rd party companies on media/creative effectiveness as needed for our experimentation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in communications planning, media planning/buying and creative campaign development.
- Significant experience working with media research methodologies to understand creative effectiveness, including third parties (e.g. Nielsen, Ipsos and Millward Brown).
- Experience in leading workshops/conversations with executive level audiences.
- A deep understanding of content strategy across paid/owned/earned channels and insight into how those strategies are evolving with the broader media ecosystem.
- An entrepreneurially minded partner with a proven track record in high productivity environments and an ability to work efficiently and prioritize work effectively.
- Deep and abiding curiosity about the nature of storytelling and its implications for advertising.
- A great connector with proven ability to work cooperatively and proactively with media and creative agencies, as well as senior brand leadership.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.