Harvard University Educational Video Editor in Cambridge, Massachusetts
51901BRAuto req ID:51901BRJob Code:402041 Senior Media Technician Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Educational Video EditorSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade (https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges) :055Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree or technical school certification, 3-5 years of experience in video production environments.Additional Qualifications and Skills:
Exceptional judgment, keen eye for video, and strong creative skills with a focus on creating engaging and pedagogically sound videos
Ability to make both aesthetic and content judgements about video, as well as assemble and edit material to create compelling and visually interesting videos
Strong storytelling skills
Strong post-production experience with current post-production tools including Adobe Premiere CC
Experience with video finishing, including audio editing, audio mixing, and color correction
Demonstrated ability to manage post production and publishing of a high volume of content as part of a content production team
Ability to work as a self-starter, to work on multiple projects, and to consistently deliver high-quality media
Capability to interface efficiently with creative/media, instructional design, and technology teams.
Organized and proactive nature with exceptional attention to detail in production and post-production processes
Ability to independently identify post-production process issues and help to correct those issues with new workflows and technologies
Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Comfort, professionalism, and desire to work in a medical setting, including hospitals and clinics with doctors and patients
Interest in medicine, science, and education a plus
Additional Information:Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Department:Office for External EducationPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentitySchedule:Monday-Friday | 40 hours per week | 8:00am-5:00pmJob Function:Communications Job-Specific Responsibilities:Under the direction of the Post Producer within the Creative Media team, the Educational Video Editor contributes to the creation of outstanding online learning offerings by editing a range of video materials that effectively communicate complex medical and scientific concepts to multiple audiences, and has an opportunity to make a difference in shaping an innovative online educational experience.
As Educational Video Editor, you will leverage superb visual design sensibilities and expertise in information organization, visual communication, and storytelling to produce a broad range of video assets designed for delivery in online medical education courses and related materials. You should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be comfortable working closely with world-class faculty, video producers, illustrators, animators, and curriculum leads to edit video material in compliance with strategically set deadlines and guidelines for optimizing media for use in an online education setting. You should be energized by working in a highly collaborative cross-disciplinary team and be able to give and receive feedback graciously. Expertise with a fully digital workflow for video editing and team communication is crucial. Curiosity, creativity, initiative, and absolute attention to detail are a must, along with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to solve challenges in effective visual communication.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and talented creative team working on experimental projects in digital media.
HMX is an educational initiative at Harvard Medical School dedicated to creating fully online courses on foundational topics in medicine. These courses are led by Harvard Medical School faculty, working in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of experts in visual communication, assessment, and the science of learning. The instruction is based on principles derived from educational research to improve learning and retention and relies on best practices in scientific visualization.
Job duties include:
• Executing post-production of multiple video projects for inclusion in innovative online learning experiences, including editing, mixing, mastering, and color correcting video assets.
• Working with a team, contributing to asset management of video products.
• Organizing, syncing, and ingesting footage.
• Preparing and sending files for transcription, along with additional file preparation work.
• Processing screencasts, voiceover, live action, and animation assets.
• Creating assemble edits, including take selection and audio editing.
• Setting up feedback documents and tasks for review by project stakeholders, assigning tasks, synthesizing and addressing feedback.
• Compressing and uploading final videos for publication.
• Interfacing with online video hosting platforms to deliver media and associated assets.
• Reviewing videos for quality assurance.
• Preparing digital assets from capture to archive including meta tagging.
• Working as part of a small video production team as a production assistant as needed.
• Completing other tasks as assigned to support a small video production team.
• Flexible hours may be required periodically to accommodate video productions and product launch schedules.School/Unit:Harvard Medical School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.