Microsoft Corporation Director, Marketing Technology - Platform Operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) is responsible for driving scaled marketing and sales capabilities, leveraging cutting-edge technology, and innovating marketing & sales practices to deliver billions of dollars a year globally as part of Microsoft's Cloud Marketing organization.
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader to lead our Marketing Technology Platform Operations team. The Platform Operations team runs the marketing technology stack that underpins and is mission-critical to the success of the GDC. The team’s charter is to support the build of new capabilities, create standard operating procedures that scale globally, and manage the technology stack as a robust, always-on, mission-critical service. Capabilities include marketing automation, lead management, digital and in-person events, nurture, data management, templates, and many other areas. Our marketing technology stack supports all of our commercial products, 1,000s of marketers, $bns in spend, $bns in revenue for sales, 40+ languages, over 10,000 digital and in person events, and tens of thousands of sellers.
This is a mission-critical role with substantial scope, complexity, executive visibility, and has a large opportunity for impact.
You and your team will be responsible for:
· Hiring, leading, developing, and retaining a diverse team of incredibly talented, innovative Marketing Technologists
· Partnering closely with our many stakeholder teams including Robotic Operations, Core Services Engineering, Operational AI, Capability, Operational Data, Marketing Service Center, Data Services, Analytics, and Field Marketing teams
· Develop the standard ways of operating and building within the tech platform in a way that is robust, secure, efficient, accessible, sustainable, scalable
· Training and enabling 1,000 marketing operations people across the company that work in the marketing technology tools
· Prioritizing your team’s work in the context of our big bets, initiatives, and aligning with other teams needed to deliver capabilities
· Running an AGILE process to prioritize work and be transparent about what will get done and what will not get done
· Ensuring the launch of new capabilities and evolutions of the platform go smoothly (testing, post-launch monitoring & burn-in process, ensuring things are set up for long term success)
· Evolving and fortifying our systems and processes in an ever-growing complex environment
· Ensuring business processes, system operations and other technical processes are well documented, so teams do not need to rely on tribal knowledge
· Identifying problems and issues quickly, and running a process to communicate to stakeholders, assess impact, coordinate fixes across teams, and resolve issues
· Developing and running rhythms to keep our Martech instance clean (e.g. data hygiene, lead archival, program archive)
Embodiment of Microsoft’s expectations of leaders: modeling, coaching, and caring
Ability to develop and grow the people on your team, helping them accomplish their career goals
Track record of recruiting, hiring, and retaining a diverse set of team members
Understand the unique skills, talents, and passions your team members bring to the table and help align work to leverage those unique skills, talents, and passions
Track record of being able to set the vision, motivate your team, and let them run and accomplish great things. And also, the ability to deep dive into the details when they need help
Strong ability to provide air cover and advocacy for your team in and across the org, up to the executive level
Ability to partner closely with teams and stakeholders to make sure they feel heard and understood
Ability to be a calming force for the team and create clarity in high-stakes, pressure-filled situations
Ability to find the win-win for everyone even when there are conflicting priorities within and outside the team
Strong desire to listen deeply, learn, and understand in most situations
Ability to foster innovation within your team to come up with a great solution
Ability to being able to remove roadblocks across organizational boundaries and with other senior leaders
Ability to run and support a strong prioritization process that creates clarity for stakeholders on what will happen, and what will not happen
Ability to communicate hard, complex, nuanced problems in a way that people who are not close to them can understand
Track record of meeting timelines, and honoring commitments with ability to adjust the plan and bring stakeholders along if things change
Innate passion and drive to do things in a robust, scalable, and efficient way – but also able to balance with pragmatic progress
Track record of running mission-critical large-scale operational systems in a highly complex environment
Comfortable in large functional teams in a very complex and dynamic environment both as a participant or leader depending on the need
Prior experience running an AGILE process or similar, across a broad variety of stakeholders and competing priorities
Prior experience running a marketing technology platform (e.g. Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Hubspot, Adobe Campaign), or similar type of technology platform (e.g. Sales Tech etc)
5 + years of experience leading a team people.
Direct experience in running a Marketing Technology function
Experience with Marketo and / or other marketing automation technology (Eloqua, Pardot, HubSpot, Adobe Campaign etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs