Microsoft Corporation Director, Business Planning - Modern Work in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft 365 is at the core of Microsoft’s growth strategy for the modern workplace. The productivity space is rapidly evolving, and the device shift coupled with the emergence of new solutions is changing the way organizations access, use, and purchase productivity tools. At Microsoft, we strongly believe we are in the early stages of what productivity services can do to help achieve our mission: “Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
The Modern Work product business planning team is part of the Microsoft Business Planning organization, and our team charter is to accelerate growth through business model innovation, packaging, pricing, and licensing for Modern Work products. Within this team, we have a unique opportunity to lead a high-performing team that is responsible for the monetization strategy for Microsoft Teams. With more than 270 million users, Teams is the leading solution for hybrid work. As we continue to invest in and grow Teams, you will have a tremendous opportunity to drive impact for Microsoft and the broader industry in this space.
• Attract, retain, and grow a high performing Business Planning team, while contributing to culture of the entire organization, making Business Planning a fantastic place to grow careers and enable development.
• Lead and evolve monetization strategy for Microsoft 365 Teams.
• Establish new business models to drive growth: identify business opportunities, perform deep analysis, and draft executive-ready proposals
• Influence engineering product leaders to identify, prioritize and deliver new value that drives adoption while capitalizing on customers’ willingness-to-pay.
• Propose pricing changes, discounting guidance and promotions to grow our market share and revenue.
• Collaborate with finance teams to assess the financial and economic impact of business model proposals.
• Create and communicate business strategy to senior executives across the company
• Work with business development to identify and evaluate potential acquisition targets and partnerships.
• Promote and support a diverse and inclusive team culture.
• 7+ years of experience in marketing, business strategy, pricing, or other related functional experience (e.g., analytics, finance, product managment/product marketing)
• A strong track record of working across diverse stakeholders to define and execute strategic initiatives.
• Exceptional business judgement/strategic thinking with a bias for action and execution excellence.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills to build executive buy-in and support for key projects.
• Demonstrated ability to excel in ambiguous environments and leading cross-functional teams.
• Passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing people
• Experience managing, coaching, and developing high performing and dynamic teams preferred.
• Understanding and experience working in commercial cloud businesses, either in the industry or at Microsoft.
• A BA/BS in Marketing, Business or related discipline; MBA strongly preferred.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $144,600 and $216,600.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs