Novartis Pharmaceuticals Dir., Executive/External Communications in Cambridge, Massachusetts
15 million people visit Novartis websites each year and our global social media channels have more than 3 million followers.
As the Director of Executive and External Communications at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), you will lead the development and delivery of impactful communications strategies to engage priority audiences with the Novartis strategy and vision. You will collaborate with colleagues across Novartis to tell the company’s innovation story with a specific focus on driving thought-leadership, speaking events, media engagement and creative social media approaches.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Serve as a member of the NIBR Communications leadership team and the Global Novartis External Engagement team.
• Act as chief external spokesperson for NIBR and point person for media interested in NIBR/research topics.
• Collaborate closely with Novartis Global Drug Development (GDD) and global external engagement communications teams to develop and implement traditional and social media communications programs to build on Novartis’ reputation as a leader in science-based innovation.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with media covering pharmaceutical R&D/science.
• Provide strategic communications counsel to R&D leaders and associates on interactions with the media and crisis/issues management.
• Coordinate and execute an impactful executive communications strategy with a clear goal to build thought-leadership in line with the Novartis reputation strategy.
• Lead development of executive content in written and digital formats, and strengthen social media presence by using creative approaches to reach priority audiences.
• Develop and implement strategies to ensure clear and consistent messaging for NIBR/Novartis R&D priorities and milestones.
Dir., Executive/External Communications
What you will bring to this role
• Undergraduate Degree required in relevant area (business, strategic communications, journalism)
• 5-7 years working on external communications in a global healthcare or science-based organization operating in a regulated environment.
• Ability to network and influence leadership teams of various functions at Global, Region and Country levels
• Ability to provide strong communication counsel to senior leaders on complex topics
• Superb verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Proven success in conceiving and implementing multi-year communications/ thought-leadership programs to improve reputation, shape stakeholder environment and drive business agenda
Position will Commensurate according to experience
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data, empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to seek the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Join us as we re-imagine medicine!
Communications & Public Affairs
CAO - NIBR
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.