Harvard University Communications Specialist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
53203BRAuto req ID:53203BRJob Code:403040 Coordinator II Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Communications SpecialistSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade (https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges) :055Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public affairs, journalism or related field.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
• Strong writing skills with the ability to quickly craft stories, synthesize, and edit existing content.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Keen attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills.
• An interest in mission-driven organizations.
• Experience using InDesign and Photoshop for simple graphic design tasks and light photo editing.
• Familiarity with digital strategy and social media, specifically Twitter and Facebook.
• Interest in photography a plus.
This position is a fully benefits-eligible term appointment one year from date of hire, with very strong possibility of renewal.
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
Please note: During the current period of Covid-19 related restrictions, this position may start as a remote position, with transition to onsite in Cambridge, Massachusetts when the office reopens.
We continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 and lifting of restrictions. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our interview process. We will be conducting interviews virtually for selected candidates until further notice.
Department:Center for Public LeadershipPre-Employment Screening:Identity Schedule:9-5 Monday through Friday Job Function:Communications, General AdministrationJob-Specific Responsibilities:
• Content lead for CPL website. With director, identifies coverage opportunities and builds online presence. Drafts original web content related to faculty news, research, events, and other activities of the Center. Edits photos and other multi-media content.
• Promotes CPL public events to Harvard and the broader community through digital and traditional marketing. This includes creation of social media and email campaigns, development of content for digital screens and posters, and promotion via Harvard and community press outlets.
• Oversight of CPL’s social media accounts.
• Oversight of CPL’s digital asset library (photos, multi-media, etc.).
• Support for portfolio budget management, including invoice processing and tracking.
• Creative support for new projects as determined in consultation with leadership.
• Additional administrative duties as needed.
School/Unit:Harvard Kennedy School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:
Reporting to the Director for Communications and Events, the Center for Public Leadership (CPL) seeks an entrepreneurial, creative, and detail-oriented candidate for the position of Communications Specialist. Working within an energetic team, the Communications Specialist maintains the center’s growing web presence, oversees the Center’s social media platforms, and helps to drive marketing of public events hosted by the Center.
A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines, problem-solve, and communicate clearly with a broad range of CPL stakeholders including senior CPL leadership, faculty, and students.