Harvard University Communications and Outreach Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
54491BRAuto req ID:54491BRJob Code:360090 Admin Offcr/SrIndiv Contrib Location:Outside USA Business Title:Communications and Outreach ManagerSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade (https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges) :090Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
8-10 years of related experience.
Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop, WordPress, and Microsoft Office, is a must.
The candidate must possess excellent English verbal, writing, and editing skills.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
Master’s degree preferred. Experience working or studying overseas preferred. Candidate must work well in a team, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and have cultural and relational sensitivity. Experience with social media in the workplace is desired. Must be able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines, and have excellent computer skills, including designing and maintaining the website. The candidate must have permission to work in India.
We are unable to provide any relocation assistance.
This will be an international position, based in Delhi, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Centre India -- an affiliate of Harvard University.
Harvard Global Research Support Centre India offers a Benefits Package that includes life, medical, and accident insurance.
This is a one year term position.
Department:Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia InstitutePre-Employment Screening:Not Applicable Job Function:Communications, General AdministrationJob-Specific Responsibilities:
Content & Communication Material
• Envisioning and creating all communication materials related to LMSAI programs operating out of India and South Asia broadly: posters, invites, articles, interviews, podcasts, videos, etc.; following established editorial standards across all platforms and media.
• Managing and uploading website content about the different components of the Projects on the Mittal Institute website, managing the In-Region section of the Mittal Institute website and uploading Delhi office-based events, and managing the Delhi office social media handles.
• Coordinating the content calendar with the Cambridge Communications and Outreach Manager and contributing content on Delhi office programs and events to the weekly newsletter on a regular basis.
• Writing the In-Region section of the Mittal Institute’s Annual Report, which summarizes all activities of LMSAI’s Delhi office over the prior year.
• Strategizing with the Executive Director and Country Director on ways to increase visibility of the LMSAI India office across the region.
• From time to time, the COM will supervise interns assisting on large and small scale events hosted by the India office.
• Building relationships and networks with journalists across the country to share the work of the Institute.
• Drafting and disseminating press releases to highlight work under each of the projects.
• Liaising with journalists and scheduling interviews for guests and faculty and students for their work in India and South Asia, broadly.
• Assisting in planning and execution of communication outreach events held in India. She/he will also work with the LMSAI Communications and Outreach Manager in Cambridge to ensure coherence in the look and feel of the communications materials produced by both the offices of the Institute. The Communications and Outreach Manager will work with the India Country Director to develop and implement communication strategies on a continuous basis. The Communications and Outreach Manager should be able to take charge of overall conceptualization and hands-on implementation of the communication needs of all projects implemented by the India office.
School/Unit:Harvard Global EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Certificates and Licenses:
As outlined in the qualification sections.
Under the direction of the India Country Director of LMSAI, the Communications and Outreach Manager will be responsible for the Communications (creating and managing content & communication materials) and Outreach (press relation and event management) effort of LMSAI’s Delhi Office.