RELX Group Cell Press Content Marketing/Social Media Internship in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Cell Press Content Marketing/Social Media Internship
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
The Cell Press Media & Communications Office is offering a winter content marketing/social media internship for current graduate students or those who recently finished a graduate program. The intern will manage original marketing content from pitch to distribution and develop the skills to create and analyze their work. The role provides an on-the-ground perspective of how scientific journals help authors promote their work and the intern actively collaborates with other business teams, including marketing, commercial sales, editorial, and production. By the end of the internship, you will have experience running over a dozen campaigns that include email, blog, and social media content.
Tasks will include:
• Owning campaigns that publicize scientific research published in Cell Press journals, commercial products, conferences, webinars, consortia, etc.
• Developing, distributing, and reporting back on the success of original blog and social media content.
• Collaborating with team members on the design, look, feel, and tone of materials.
• Completing miscellaneous projects as assigned by the marketing and communications team.
• A capstone project to be determined by the intern’s interests.
At the end of the internship, the intern should add to their working knowledge of how to strategize, develop, and execute marketing campaigns for scientific audiences, create compelling content, and measure and analyze campaign outcomes.
Ideal Candidate Skills and Experience
We are looking for an intern who demonstrates an understanding of the publishing landscape, can synthesize and interpret scientific information in an interesting way for multiple audiences, has a history of creative thinking, and who can turn projects around on tight deadlines while integrating feedback from multiple stakeholders with a positive attitude.
The ideal candidate for the internship will:
• Be studying for or have completed a Master’s in Marketing/Communications, Biology, or Chemistry. A demonstrated interest in science or scientific publishing is required.
• Be able to provide examples of corporate content marketing and/or social media and discuss the outcomes/learnings from those campaigns
• Have proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Have work experience within an office environment.
• Be comfortable working alone as well as with a team, know how to juggle many time-sensitive tasks, be able to proactively seek information to complete a project, and be able to maintain a friendly attitude while dealing with many stakeholders.
NOTE: Due to the competitive nature of the internship, you may be asked to provide examples of your work, and names of two references if you are a finalist.
Internship Position and Timing
Location: The Content Marketing/Social Media Intern reports to Senior Media & Communications Manager Joseph Caputo and will be located in the Elsevier office at 50 Hampshire Street, Floor 5, Cambridge, Massachusetts. No housing or relocation assistance. A laptop is provided.
Timing: The internship is 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is a work from home option on Wednesdays. Start and end dates are flexible, but the internship lasts from January through May/June.
Compensation: $15/hr - Contractor
No permanent position is available at the end of the internship, although candidates will be considered for available positions/freelancing opportunities should they apply and performance/circumstances warrant it.
Applications are due November 12.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray’s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com .