RELX Group Asst. Scientific Editor in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Asst. Scientific Editor
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Professional Scientific editors for clinical and translational Cell Press journal
We are looking for passionate and dynamic full-time professional scientific editors to join our new clinical and translational premier research journal. This is a unique opportunity to help launch and shape a premier translational research journal which will be part of the vibrant and growing Cell Press journal portfolio. You will also have opportunities to contribute to broader Cell Press initiatives, advocate for science, provide thought leadership, and influence the practice and direction of science and scientific communication. We are hiring at multiple levels of seniority, based on experience and expertise.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
· Help launch and shape the journal
· Engage the academic/biotech/pharma scientific community to keep abreast of scientific developments and establish relationships
· Frequent travel to scientific conferences and research institutions
· Recruit exciting clinical and translational research studies and review material that shapes our bench-to-bedside thinking
· Develop front matter review material
· Assess submitted research papers, oversee the peer review process and help develop strong papers for the journal
· PhD or MD in a relevant discipline and postdoctoral experience. Previous editorial experience is not required but will be favorably considered. Applicants with pharma experience are also encouraged to apply.
· Broad scientific and medical interests, and a deep desire to learn.
· Strong interpersonal skills, open-mindedness and the ability to forge strong professional connections.
· A talent for clear and direct communication, without over-simplification whether it’s at expert or lay person level.
· The ability to organize, prioritize, and focus.
These are full-time editorial positions that can be based in any of our international offices: USA (Cambridge, MA), UK (Oxford or London), The Netherlands (Amsterdam) and China (Shanghai and Beijing). Cell Press offers an attractive salary and benefits package and a stimulating working environment. Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in this job specifically and how your skills, knowledge, and background would contribute to this new journal.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com .
- RELX Group Jobs