Harvard University Admin Pro/Indiv Contrib in Cambridge, Massachusetts
47206BRAuto req ID:47206BRJob Code:358056 Admin Pro/Indiv Contrib Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Assistant Director of EventsSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:056Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:Bachelors degree and minimum 4 years experience relevant event management experience. Previous management experience required. Experience with financials. Ability to work nights and weekends as needed required.Additional Qualifications:Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues;
Previous experience in an academic or hospitalitysetting supporting events preferred; Exemplary organization, event and time management, and project management skills, and Office and website technology skills;Demonstrated initiative and follow-through to accomplish responsibilities;Ability to exercise independent leadership abilities;trong commitment to continuous process improvement;Additional Information:We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Department:OperationsPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:General Administration Duties & Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Event Operations, the Assistant Director of Events leads the day-to-day events team to ensure the highest level of event and administrative support is provided to faculty, staff, students, and external clients.
• Manages a team of full time employees (currently 3)
• Manages and supports all aspects of events on-site at HGSE and off-site campus locations, including client communication, on-site management collaboration, establish event timelines, ensure special requests are met, etc.
• Develop and manage all aspects of events team special projects and events including project plans, communications strategy, stakeholder management, status updates
• Manages tasks which directly impact event team goals from initiation through close
• Anticipate and make recommendations for solving issues, taking initiative to solve such problems if appropriate
• Clearly communicate project scope, impact, and deadlines, integrating feedback from stakeholders
• Collaborate with the Director of Events and other key staff to study data and processes, support performance improvement initiatives, build relationships across units, help implement new processes, and identify metrics for evaluating and tracking the success of such interventions
• Supports, at the highest level, all events related to specific initiatives such as developing project plans, timelines, and implementation strategies, and coordination of high level events such as commencement and orientation
• Provides guidance, management, and oversight of one or more financial functions, which may include planning, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of processes and policies.
• Manages the relationship with Harvard branding vendor, acting as a resource for sourcing branding and giveaway opportunities with responsibilities ranging from price negotiations, new product creation, and inventory management
• Develops feedback methods and analyzes data in order to implement strategies for improvement.
School/Unit:Harvard Graduate School of Education EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.