Harvard University AD Program Marketing in Cambridge, Massachusetts
58150BRAuto req ID:58150BRJob Code:CM0757 Marketing/Sales Mgmt I Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Assistant Director of Program Marketing, Continuing EducationSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade (https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges) :057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree, Minimum of 5 years experience in integrated marketing, digital, print and direct mailAdditional Qualifications and Skills:• Experience in creating and executing comprehensive marketing plans to achieve results
• Ability to manage internal talent and external vendors/service providers to achieve goals
• Hands-on experience with marketing channels and tools including digital media, CRM systems, social media, blogs, traditional advertising, SEO/SEM
• Evidence of success in project management for complex projects, with a demonstrated ability to initiate and implement projects while working to deadlines on a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously
• Experience with product/program launches and management
• Experience in executing strategic plans, communication plans, quality controls, feedback mechanisms, and project schedules
• Demonstrated understanding of branding and identity development
• Proven record in producing usable reports on web analytics (including Google Analytics and Google AdWords), direct marketing, feedback surveys, social media metrics and marketing dashboards.
• Ability to interpret analytics results, assess campaign effectiveness and adapt campaigns to achieve goals
• Experience managing content within content management systems
• Experience utilizing social media management toolsAdditional Information: This Staff role may start as a remote position due to the COVID-19 pandemic and while restrictions are still in place. The current remote nature of this role is considered temporary and may change as the University continues to evaluate options. While we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 guidelines, local on-campus work may be expected for some roles. Harvard Medical School does support flexible schedules, subject to individual departments’ business needs. All remote work must be performed within a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA (exempt roles only), CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NY, RI, and VT).
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements (https://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/) . Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/w/NzM2NjU Department:External EducationPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentitySchedule:Full-Time, Exempt | Monday-FridayJob Function:Communications Position Description:Job responsibilities include:
• Direct marketing and communications activities associated with driving awareness and enrollment for HMS’s portfolio of 200 continuing education activities.
• Generate awareness and demand for HMS’s continuing education through outreach campaigns targeted at health care professionals and course directors. Reach, engage and convert new relationships that lead to new opportunities and build upon HMS’s Joint Accreditation status.
• Supervise the Marketing Coordinator for Continuing Education and help ensure that they are successful in providing marketing services for the diverse portfolio of accredited courses directed by the hospital affiliates and HMS.
• Oversee development and execution of integrated marketing plans to achieve enrollment targets for a portfolio of flagship HMS postgraduate certificate programs. Own end-to-end management and execution of assigned marketing projects. Analyze the performance of campaigns and optimize on an ongoing basis to improve ROI.
• Provide strategic marketing counsel to a range of HMS stakeholders. Advise on marketing tools and data analysis, marketing plans, strategies, and implementation. Use a variety of data sources to drive decision making. Deliver regular updates to staff and faculty across leadership, marketing, operations, and program development teams.
• Work with internal teams and manage outside vendors to produce high-quality marketing communications. Vendor relationships include those in which the course directors are contracting with marketing service providers for full-scale campaign management.
• Ensure high-quality utilization of HMS owned media assets including the website, CRM, marketing tools, and project management processes. Identify and implement opportunities to increase web traffic and enhance search engine optimization of course websites and the continuing education catalog.
• Develop and manage the continuing education marketing budget.
• Ensure adherence to brand and style guidelines, as well as accuracy and consistency of program information across all communication channels.
• Partner with other members of the Marketing team, OEE, HMS departments, and external agencies.School/Unit:Harvard Medical School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:The Assistant Director of Program Marketing, Continuing Education is a marketing professional with proven experience leading, managing and executing integrated marketing campaigns to reach diverse, global audiences of health care professionals. They work with colleagues across the Office for External Education to generate awareness and demand for a complex portfolio of mission-centric learning offerings. They also oversee full-cycle enrollment marketing campaigns to meet or exceed ambitious growth targets for an assigned portfolio of programs. The Assistant Director of Program Marketing, Continuing Education is responsible for developing, directing, and overseeing execution of the marketing strategy for Harvard Medical School’s best-in-class portfolio of continuing education activities. The position supervises the Marketing Coordinator for Continuing Education at HMS.
This role requires superior attention to detail, an ability to meet tight deadlines, deliver thoughtful analysis, and concurrently lead a range of marketing and outreach initiatives. Managerial acumen and a high level of professionalism in dealing with senior HMS leaders is critical. The successful candidate for this role thrives working in a matrixed organizational environment with multiple stakeholders and priorities.
The External Education Marketing team is a fast-paced, high-energy, and collaborative work group. Integrated channels for achieving marketing and communications objectives include advertising, email marketing, lead generation, content, digital marketing, and social media.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values (https://hms.harvard.edu/about-hms/campus-culture/mission-statement-community-values)