Mathematica Account Manager, Health Data Science, Engineering, and Analytics in Cambridge, Massachusetts
As a mission-driven, employee-owned company, Mathematica is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the creation of analytic insights for our partners and clients. Our multi-disciplinary team of data science, engineering, analytics, policy, and program management experts conduct many important studies of federal, state, and private sector health programs to improve health care delivery and financing.
Mathematica is looking for an individual with experience in business development related to the creation of data, digital, and analytic products in the health space. The successful candidate for this position will have proven capability in strategic business development, as well as extensive experience and proven leadership in the sales process for data, digital, and analytic products, especially in the commercial and state sectors.
This position reports directly to the Vice President and CTO of Mathematica’s health practice.
- Lead the execution of business development activities for Mathematica’s work in data, digital, and analytic product delivery as a managed service in the health space by connecting customer needs to analytic solutions, and working collaboratively across Mathematica’s health practice, including with product build teams as a product owner, to execute and deliver those solutions
- Develop a framework and capability model for Mathematica’s data and digital product offerings as a managed service in the state and commercial health spaces, and work closely with delivery teams to create and execute that model
- Engage clients in all facets of sales and delivery, including initial contact, development of scope of work, contract negotiations, and ongoing account management and oversight
- Conduct market research, including the identification of opportunities and competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Develop and regularly update the business plan for key markets, including market assessments, identification and articulation of client bases and targeted offerings, marketing strategies, and an operations and management plan
- Establish measurable revenue goals and other KPIs for targeted strategic offerings at regular intervals; deliver on those targets; partner with health leadership to build the capability necessary to further scale the offerings
- Communicate effectively with Mathematica leadership on all aspects of the strategy and progress toward KPIs
- Travel in support of related strategic business development
- Proven capability in strategic business development related to the creation, sale, and delivery of data, digital, and analytic products in the commercial and state health markets, including successfully developing and leading new areas of work and managing teams to perform that work
- Ten or more years of proven leadership in one or more private-sector organizations, such as a large consulting firm
- Expertise in the development of products that address client data science, engineering, and analytic needs, as well as expertise in relevant policy areas like quality improvement, measure development, and performance feedback
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to condense complex topics into clear and concise materials; present to large groups; and facilitate effective meetings of executive leadership teams, clinical staff, and other groups
- Strong analytic skills and effective use of data for informing and improving commercial, state, and federal programs, including value-based payment
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample at time of application. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Ann Arbor, MI; Woodlawn, MD. We will also consider individuals who wish to work remotely.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.