Black & Veatch Strategic Asset Management Leader - Specialized Solutions in Burlington, Massachusetts
Strategic Asset Management Leader - Specialized Solutions
Date: Feb 27, 2024
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 101017
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : No
Black & Veatch’s Asset Management (AM) group has grown rapidly and has an exciting opportunity to help develop and grow our strategic asset management solutions across our market sectors that include Government & Environment, Connectivity & Commercial, and Energy & Process Industries. Our success has been founded on a combination of a team-centric culture and a collaborative; client-focused mentality, committed to delivering technical excellence – every time!
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader who has a proven track record of driving significant sales growth in the Utility Asset Management Sector and is an asset management subject matter expert.
The Strategic Asset Management Solution consists of the following services: asset management maturity assessment using ISO 55001, SAMP development, asset management program implementation, risk assessment, asset management plan development, capital project prioritization, and asset management training.
Asset management is a strategic growth area for the firm and provides exciting career possibilities and potential for interested professionals.
Lead the Strategic Asset Management Solution within the Governments and Environment Sector, responsible for marketing and business development.
· Develop relationships and provide ability to actively pursue service offerings to internal market sector leaders.
· Identify and pursue external opportunities related to our service offerings.
· Assist with development of strategic business plans aligned with market sectors, to incorporate our service offerings as core business solutions.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key client and pursuit opportunity stakeholders.
· Support strategic asset management opportunities within all market sectors including Government & Environment, Connectivity & Commercial, and Energy & Process
· Participate in opportunity and pursuit identification, qualification, marketing, and capture in support of department leadership and project management staff.
Resource management of the Strategic Asset Management section within Specialized Solutions (20+ professionals).
· Manage group workload to meet chargeability targets.
· Supervise technical staff, provide formal mentoring and support individual career development.
· Set hiring priorities, identify candidates and lead recruiting efforts.
· Promote and instill Black & Veatch safety culture for self and team; ensures section is following and promoting safety culture.
· Approves and implements training.
Provide technical leadership for Strategic Asset Management.
· Provide technical advice for proposals and projects. Act as a subject matter expert or QA/QC lead on projects.
· Identify and be aware of the latest trends and innovations in asset management.
· Present technical papers at industry conferences.
· Participate with industry bodies (IAM, AWWA etc.) on committees and on initiatives.
Responsible for leading and supporting projects including asset management program assessment and implementation, strategy development, risk assessment and capital prioritization, and asset management plans.
· Serve as a Technical Director, Project Manager, or Asset Management Lead on strategic asset management projects.
· Manage or provide oversight on asset management projects to make sure budget and schedule metrics are achieved.
A minimum total of 15 years of related work experience is typically necessary to move into this level. Graduate work may count as related work experience if directly applicable to job function.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university; or equivalent job-related work experience.
· IAM Certificate or Diploma in Asset Management
· Professional Engineering registration, preferred
· Experience in a client-facing/business development role
· Experience leading complex project teams and executing asset management projects.
A minimum total of 15 years of related work experience is typically necessary to move into this level. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs