Nuance Senior Principal Product Manager, Computer Assisted Physician Documentation (CAPD) Applications portfolio management in Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: As a Senior Principal Product Manager, Computer Assisted Physician Documentation (CAPD) Applications portfolio management for Nuance Healthcare, you will define, build, educate and own the Provider Applications experience product strategy, inform the Roadmap and drive the Go-to-market for both EMR-embedded and Dragon-medical based experience.
Specifically, this Senior Product Manager will be responsible for driving product strategy for the CAPD applications that use NLP-based Clinical Language Understanding Platform and the delivery of Clinical Content Packs from Nuance and 3rd Parties. This includes market and customer segmentation, market research, competitive product analysis, user research, win-loss analysis to create a product and business plan to support the CAPD applications portfolio, across care-settings (Acute, Ambulatory) and Reimbursement models (fee-for-service, risk-adjustment in value-based care models) and across customer segments (IDNs, large and critical access hospitals) to define capabilities that support real-time in-workflow Clinical documentation improvement and decision support applications.
You will work with other Product Managers, Engineers, QA to appropriately inform the design, and build the CLU platform-based solutions on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. This Senior Product Manager will need to speak to a wide range of business customers (size, industry, geography, personas) to understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements.
Working closely with the Director of Product Management, other product managers and owners, and marketing across Lines-of-Business, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of go-to-market, which includes pricing, packaging, and supporting sales enablement which includes demo scripts, competitor battle cards, objection handling, ROI analysis and Outcomes, and monitor overall product line profitability. You will be responsible for managing, publishing and evangelizing your team’s product portfolio, internally and externally at events and conferences. You will also be responsible for conducting product and outcomes analysis that help drive thought leadership delight our end users, including evaluating customer insights, drive product launch activities and ongoing market-facing support, working with Solutions Marketing, Sales enablement and Sales training.
Deep understanding of the core technology, will enable you to direct product strategy aligning customer needs, competitive advantage, industry trends and return on investment, contributing to strong growth results for Nuance from the segment. You will ensure company values are reflected in Nuance products and services, including high regard for patient safety, improved patient outcomes and security of patient data.
You will be a passionate, agile, and innovative thinker, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, championing opportunities that differentiate Nuance from its competition and create standout benefits for our customers. You will be able to prioritize high value activities that contribute to our strategy, bringing ideas to reality through delivery on the roadmap working with the other Product Managers and R&D
You will work with other Product Managers, Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build platform solutions on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. This Senior Product Manager will need to speak to a wide range of clinical dataset needs and drive requirements for rule-based, statistical-model-based and machine-learning model based engine workflows with the CLU Platform Product team, using unstructured and structured datasets, by understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements.
- Understand Market
• Be the technical and functional expert for the family of products for team and management
• Lead customer advisory board and in-field research, and coach team on best practices working with other applications product managers.
• ID new markets, solution opportunities across family of products and define business case with finance and strategy team
• Effectively communicate technical details to a less technical customer audience
- Prioritize Problems
• Understand the Physician workflows, Clinical Documentation, HIM, CDI, Coding and Revenue Cycle processes
• Experience with medical terminology and working with electronic health records
• Assess the expansion of EMRs in the market, and the complementary Nuance technology and services to deliver new Revenue streams
• Considered a product/solution expert in Healthcare technology and/or cloud platforms
• Lead, develop, and mentor others on business cases
• Prioritize roadmaps across product lines
• Collaborate with mid/sr. level leaders to drive cross-functional alignment around roadmaps and processes
• Be (and be recognized as) the pied piper for the cross-functional teams
• Experience building multi-year product plans based on new solution opportunities or new markets identified
- Design Solutions
• Lead all aspects of the GTM process for the family of products
• Drive a cross-functional team to a high quality and on-time release
• Experience managing new offerings, existing products and new innovations/challenge products
• Enable a flexible, micro-service environment with the correct balance of componentization to allow technical teams at the PaaS and SaaS level to easily leverage your services
- Optimize Value
• Manage platform risk including security, regulatory, commercial, operational and financial risks
• Experience maximizing business opportunity, share-of-wallet and time-to-market by leading cross-functional alignment
• Articulate the benefits and ROI effectively to buyer and user personas that your market serves
Manage the Business
Drive end of life rationale and execution
Manage clients from negative to positive at the senior level
Experience in Team leadership, coaching and talent development
Experience growing & Developing product managers, Inspiring & Empowering Others, Coaching & Feedback
Measure and articulate quantitative and qualitative ROI and work with marketing to communicate these to the buyer
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 12+
• 12+ years of demonstrated, successful product management or consulting, with progressively increasing responsibilities into Product Strategy over larger portfolio or product families
• Background in healthcare technology in healthcare technology. Health data experience using Patient medical record data, Coding, Billing and Claims datasets
• Ability to create, understand, and justify financial business cases: TAM, SAM, SOM and other market-based metrics.
• Experience defining, deploying and improving product management processes
• Experience in related technology spaces (SaaS, Cloud, computing platforms, DBs).
• Experience developing robust, customer-centric product and service requirements using Agile methodology, Confluence, JIRA or similar tools and processes.
• Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts.
• Ability to listen and interpret user and buyer problems and translate those into business requirement.
• Experience in Application PaaS Platforms with speech recognition, natural language processing, and or machine learning. Experience with building products that integrate Virtual Assistants and machine learning and NLP technologies.
• Experience breaking down older technology stacks into smaller, consumable web service, and architecting for reuse
• Experience with human centric UX design
• 3+ years leading product teams.
• A zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
• Demonstrated history in creative/big thinking that resulted in revenue.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or Computer Science/MIS or Healthcare
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
External Company URL: http://www.nuance.com/
- Nuance Jobs