UBM Producer in Burlington, Massachusetts
UBM is seeking a talented individual to join the CBI team in the role of producer.
JOB SUMMARY: Identifies and researches leading edge, business-to-business issues and develops strategic conferences for targeted audiences that meet revenue expectations. Recruits high-level speakers, negotiates deals, and synthesizes opinion into content while project managing business development needs and direct marketing initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts extensive primary market research, predominantly through phone conversations, and determines the commercial viability of prospective conferences based on research results; share results in a feasibility format. (20%)
- Assess industry trends to identify commercially viable conference topics (10%)
- Organizes, analyzes, and synthesizes complex information in to a commercial program; writes comprehensive market-driven outlines that become the guidelines for conferences that go to market. (15%)
- Develops professional networks to generate topics and recruits industry experts/speakers to address subjects in support of these commercial programs; negotiates speaker contracts. (15%)
- Acquires competitive lists that are in the public domain for expansion of speaker contacts, conference participants, sponsors, or industry experts. (5%)
- Travels to conference sites to oversee the production of commercial conferences; includes oversight of conference flow, faculty management, presentations, topic generation and registration setup. (10%)
- Serves as the project lead for assigned conferences; works with different members of the cross-functional teams to ensure that conference objectives and deadlines are met or exceeded. (10%)
- Responsible for the oversight of the P&L; of assigned conferences. (5%)
- Become a mentor to associate program managers, providing guidance and support through weekly meetings (5%)
- Manage additional departmental responsibilities that involves weekly team reporting (5%)
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
*JOB REQUIREMENTS: *
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in journalism and/or management or a related field
- A minimum of 2-4 years business experience
- Demonstrated analytical, research and commercialization skills along with experience working in a leadership position or as a project lead with cross-functional teams
- Must have strong project management skills
- Demonstrated skills in networking, building relationships and strong verbal and written communication abilities are necessary for success. Proficiency with social networking sites and the internet
- Ability to work within tight production timeframes and on multiple projects, advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES: Experience in conference production and/or the bio/pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus. Proven ability to generate topics, promote ideas, and sell key attributes of conferences to recruit high-level speakers and partners to endorse the programs. Demonstrates a comfort level talking to the market with little ramp up time on new topic areas. Ability to present regularly to cross functional, departmental and project teams; must be comfortable with direct communication and feedback on job performance in both an individual and group setting.
Tracking Code: 173180-268
Job Location: Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular