Cerilliant Corporation Director or Assoc Dir, Strategy & Analytics in Burlington, Massachusetts
Assoc Dir / Director, Strategy & Analytics
Who We Are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D; investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your role:The Assoc Dir / Director of Strategy & Analytics will support strategy development and execution for the Research Business Unit of Millipore Sigma, the Life Science sector of Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany. In this role, you will manage a small sub-team driving general strategic projects for the Research sector, including key strategic presentations for Research, Life Science and Merck-level upper management audiences.
As an integral part of the Strategy, Analytics & Insights (SA&I;) team, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to support development of the holistic Research business strategy. You will also work closely with other members of the of SA&I; team focused on franchise-specific strategy development & initiatives. Along with strategic planning, the general strategic projects sub-team will drive strategy execution/tracking, incl. project management activities, and select analytical dashboarding & deep-dive activities, focused on generating both internal performance and market insights for the Research business.
In this role, you will be a critical contributor to strategic decision-making within the Research Business Unit.
Key activities include:
- Strategy development: driving the holistic strategy development process for Millipore Sigma's portfolio of Research products; acting as key thought-partner with business stakeholders; designing and executing select strategic projects incl. analytical deep-dives; preparing strategy presentations for upper management
- Strategy execution: tracking execution of strategic priorities/initiatives, incl. project management and reporting
- Business analytics: supporting critical business dashboarding activities and analytical deep-dives in support of strategic decision-making
- Market insights: driving development of the holistic Research market model, incl. customer segment and geographic trends
Who you are:
- BA/BS in life science or quantitative field; advanced degree preferred (MBA, PhD)
- 4+ years of strategy development experience, in management consulting or similar role
- Experience designing and driving complex, multi-stakeholder projects within a matrix organization
- Experience partnering with, presenting to, and influencing upper management audiences
- Previous direct people management experience an asset
- Excellent Excel & PPT skills; other analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau) or ERP systems a plus
- Existing in-depth knowledge of life science tools market preferred
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Highly collaborative, flexible and team-oriented
*What we offer: *Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
MilliporeSigma is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 179743
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time