Curia Director of Sales, Drug Product (Northeast) in Burlington, Massachusetts
Director of Sales, Drug Product - Remote
This is a remote role with 50% travel (Northeast territory)
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and proven Sales achiever to join Curia’s Drug Product division. The Director of Sales for Drug Product will design and implement the strategies and related operational actions for the profitable development of Curia’s Contract Services Business in the assigned territory.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
• Working closely with the Vice President, Sales to establish the commercial strategy, goals, actions and budgets for the Region
• Ensure that existing accounts are serviced effectively, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential clients
• Generate new business leads. Utilize strong interpersonal skills when negotiating contracts and/or bids and building long-term relationships with potential external partners and/or customers
• Call on prospective accounts, provide technical and administrative product information, coordinate presentations, and support proposal generation
• Prepare client-specific presentations and other data to respond to client needs
• Work with internal teams to translate client needs and expectations into reality
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery scheduled, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate advertising, and trade promotion programs
• Assist the Vice President, Sales in identifying market potential by identifying client requirements, defining market, competitors’ share, and competitors’ advantages and weaknesses, forecasting projected business, establishing targeted Company share
• BS/MS in Organic Chemistry or another related scientific discipline preferred
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience in drug product in pharmaceutical or related field
• A positive and enthusiastic personality and the energy, drive and stamina to bring projects to a successful conclusion
• Strong commercial and negotiating skills, necessary to promote complex services to sophisticated clients in pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D areas
• Good interpersonal, communications and presentational skills, capable of identifying appropriate clients and partners, establishing and maintaining the necessary effective business relationships
• Able and willing to operate remotely, whilst remaining a key member of the Curia team
- U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a “Company”) must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regards to an individual’s disability or religion or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
• Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry, combining sales and marketing experience with a track record in the successful closure of licensing deals and a demonstrable network of contacts within the customer community worldwide
• Broad and deep understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech markets and decision-making dynamics within the companies operating in this space
• 50% domestic travel is required
All interested applicants must apply online. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Curia Jobs