Rogers Corporation Associate Business Development Manager in Burlington, Massachusetts
Who We Are and What We Are All About:
Join global leaders in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers Corporation, we’re changing how the world uses technology. We develop innovative specialty materials and components that enable technology in a wide array of high-growth markets. Our customers demand high performance and reliability, so we are always looking for people who enjoy a challenge, make things happen and get results. Integrity is at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust between our colleagues and our business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally, making a rewarding environment. To grow with a global, results-oriented company, explore our latest job listings.
A Rogers Corporation Associate Business Development Manager Acts as an internal “voice of the customer” in Growth Factory initiatives. Develops and articulates customer priorities and an in-depth understanding of customer jobs to be done. Establishes and articulates priorities based on customer requirements as platform technologies transfer from the Innovation Center to the Growth Factory.
- This position will support new business development growth generate by and from the Growth Factory. The focus will be on promotion of and competitive assessment of new business opportunities enabling RF technologies.
- A key resource in testing new business ideas. This will mean leading a cross-functional team of scientists / engineers to identify key risks for new technologies / product concepts, and developing and executing a structured plan to address these risks.
- New market/product development. Responsible for providing strategic direction for product development activities and product extensions within the business unit. Serves as a knowledge transfer agent between the Innovation Center and Growth Factory.
- Conducts and analyzes market research. Includes both primary and secondary market research. Frequent interaction and visits with customers and/or potential customers. Emphasis on accurate, data-driven evaluation of market information and the development of appropriate marketing strategies. Emphasis on long-term emerging trends at OEM, subsystem, and component suppliers for this market. Identify, analyze and interpret technology, regulatory, and commercial trends and shape product offering and marketing activity to support customer needs arising from these trends.
- Competitive Intelligence. Manages collection and assessment of competitive information and market trends. Identifies and assesses new competitors in current or in new market areas. Supports development of appropriate competitive strategies. Assess and understand alternative, out of kind technology approaches and develop and execute strategies to address threats.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated technical capability in the field of Electrical Engineering, specifically electromagnetics.
- Demonstrated capability in presenting to and interacting with key customers
- 5 years’ experience in a customer facing role role OR MBA and 3 years’ experience in a customer facing role.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MS Electrical Engineering
- MBA/Marketing concentration
- Experience with similar product/market segment or industry
- International experience
Why work for Rogers
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top-notch benefit package, we empower employees with a culture of excellence. Come join a winning team! Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at:www.rogerscorp.com/careersto apply!
About Rogers Corporation:
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. With more than 180 years of materials science and engineering experience, Rogers delivers high performance solutions that enable Advanced Connectivity and Advanced Mobility, as well as other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; Elastomeric Materials Solutions for sealing, vibration management, and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Advanced Connectivity Solutions for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Arizona (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.rogerscorp.com.
Organization: *Advanced Connectivity Solutions
Title: Associate Business Development Manager
Requisition ID: 2100004Y