Fenway Health Web & Graphic Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization The mission of Fenway Health is to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community and all people in our neighborhoods and beyond through access to the highest quality health care, education, research and advocacy.
We provide high quality, comprehensive health care, research, education and advocacy.
In 2001, Fenway launched The Fenway Institute, an interdisciplinary center for research, training, education and policy development focusing on national and international health issues, especially related to LGBT communities.
In 2009, Fenway moved into the Ansin Building, the largest LGBT health care, research and education facility in the world, and an anchor institution in Boston's thriving Fenway neighborhood.
In 2010, Fenway welcomed the Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center into the Fenway family. The Borum serves teens and young adults ages 12-29, and is a safe place for at-risk youth, including LGBT young people, homeless teens and young adults, those struggling with substance abuse, involved with gangs or doing sex work.
In 2013, the AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts also became a part of Fenway Health. AIDS Action serves people living with HIV/AIDS and populations at risk of infection, and leads the state's Getting To Zero Coalition, which seeks to reduce the number of HIV infections to zero. It also operates a needle exchange that serves as an entry point to healthcare services for active substance users.
Reporting to the Graphic & Digital Design Manager, the Web Developer & Graphic Designer is responsible for supporting the execution of graphic and digital communication strategies in close co-operation with the Manager of Web & Digital Strategy and other Communications staff that support Fenway’s mission and the work of its various departments and divisions.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in design, communications, computer science or a related field is required
- Minimum of three years web and graphic design experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe applications, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Dreamweaver
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and email development
- Experience with various social media platforms and tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and ShortStack
- Ability to take items from concept to production in a smart, efficient manner
- Experience working with WordPress or other popular CMS platforms is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintaining deadlines and a careful attention to detail while working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to manage feedback from various sources in a constructive manner
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse work staff is preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
Title: Web & Graphic Designer
Position: Web & Graphic Designer
Number of Openings: 1
Number Filled: 0
Location: Development & Communications - Fenway
Shift: -not applicable-
Req Number: COM-18-00001